Sinister: reporting back from the other side

Retro^Sec retrosec at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 17 20:28:48 BST 2003

hola Sinister

Well, last night was the gig of the Belle and
Sebastians, raising money to help fund the Sunbed
Alliance advertising costs for a month.

Following from a haircut with which I am perfectly
pleased (bob, with undercut, and short cutsie fringe
that goes against the grain of this seasons long
rock-chick eye-skimming fringes. Hey, I don't follow
trends, I do my own thing), I went through to Glasgow
to meet with the friends, and the fans of the belle
and sebastian. I would say shouts to the people I saw,
but I had to shout anyway cos it was really busy, and
I pretty much said Hi to them all, so no point in
doing it again.

The pre-gig atmosphere was pretty cool, just hanging
out chatting to folks. The band apparently weren't due
on til 10:30, so I headed off, got a bite to eat and
enjoyed a glass of wine that made me deliciously
tipsy, then headed back to the venue.

The setlist of the jukebox was pretty darn cool, often
one of those little side effects from being in a pub
half full with Belle and Sebastian fans.

Then everyone headed down to the gig. But that was
when it was time for yours trully to head homewards.
I'd had enough to drink, it was the last train home. I
didn't go to the gig. Hell, I'm seeing them next
month. I'd rather save them for special occasions. I
remember the joy of the first gig, and the second. The
third was pretty good, but the first time.. well, it
was the best.

And now? its easter holidays! yay!

Am looking forward to the pastels gig next weekend
though. This will be a first: not seen the pastels
before.

Thank you

idleberry

=====