Sinister: sad singers they just play tragic

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Wed Apr 23 17:36:18 BST 2003

I was thinking about these words from 'Stine...

> as i continued listening to the song, letting chris
> martin soothe me as best he could, i was thinking
> about gwyneth paltrow and how unfair things are.  she
> is tripe, in every capacity (based on little fact as i
> don't know her personally) and she gets to have a boy
> who can sing to her like that.

...when I opened the paper to discover that Winona Ryder is now meant to be
going out with Conor Oberst. Can that be true? Wouldn't the world have spun
off its axis by now if it was? Not that I'm saying that she isn't good
enough for him or he for her, it's just that going out with a self obsessed,
raven haired, doe eyed and utterly gorgeous film star has got to feel like
some sort of manifest destiny for the man who wrote the line "I need some
meaning I can memorise" and is obsessed with mirrors.

I feel like applauding.

Instead I'll just replqy "Lover I Don't Have To Love" over and over in my
head and wonder when I'll be getting my record collection back.

There - not a bad word in sight.