Sinister: not really a point to this

kevin m. clair clairk at xxx.edu
Thu Apr 24 04:33:16 BST 2003

Hi,

The other night I had a dream where I had gone to Chicago for a Belle and
Sebastian concert.  I was sitting around in the subway in Chicago at the
Jackson stop waiting to transfer to the red line to go to the show, which
apparently was at the Metro, and somehow I had fallen asleep in the subway.
It was really well-lit.  I was woken up by this dude I know named Jack, who
told me that it was 2:00 in the morning and the concert was over.  I
responded by punching out a window which was in the subway for some reason.
I don't know why it was such a violent dream, as I'm not a particularly
violent person and glass hurts.  It's still the most awesome dream ever.

I haven't written in a while, which is mostly because I'm lazy and didn't
really have anything to say.  Now I'm just not lazy anymore.  I've been
hanging around in #sinister a bit lately; I think I said that in my last
e-mail.  I'd do it more often if it weren't for this school business.  I've
also been doing a radio show, which this term has gone surprisingly well.
We have public affairs segments and singalongs.  I don't think we have a
very large audience but my friends who listen seem to enjoy it.  There are
mp3s.

I'm going to go see Yo La Tengo in June.  And probably the Faint in May.
That should be fun.  I will also be in Minnesota this summer.  I expect to
contract both Lyme disease and the West Nile virus by August.  Also I will
be in Chicago a lot, hopefully not punching windows or sleeping in the
subway.  whee.  Since I know like one person on this list, I am in favour
of some sort of social gathering this summer.  Not that Chicago needs
excuses.

Andrea Kittenmouse pointed me to the Animal Crossing website last night.  I
don't really know how to feel about it.  I'm not going to run out and buy a
Gamecube to play it but if you own one you should definitely get it, and
then tell me about it, because it's amusing.  I'm always a bit surprised by
how far video games have come from the days of King's Quest IV, but Duck
Hunt is still awesome.

So I'm pretty off track at this point.  Basically what I have to say is
that spring is great, and I'd like for summer to not show up, really,
except for the part where I don't have school then.

not the news from lake wobegon,
-kevin

"You should never wear your best trousers while going out to fight for
truth and freedom."  -- Henrik Ibsen