Sinister: Just thought I'd say...

Matthew Clift muzzlepipe at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 24 09:00:55 BST 2003

...Hello all,

First-time poster, long-time reader (to paraphrase the
radio phone-in spiel).

Nothing much to say, just thought I'd introduce myself
as I've been reading your wisdom/musing/rambling for a
few weeks since I joined Sinister and I was starting
to feel like an eavesdropper... so I thought I'd
crowbar my way into the conversation.

About me, hmm... I live in South Yorkshire and I've
only been into B&S for a year or so. Seemed to
discover them just as life was going tits-up i.e. my
marriage broke up, and it's fair to say that they
helped me through some really shitty months. Now that
things are on an even keel, and I'm enjoying single
life all over again at 30 (and 10 days) I find that
they still mean as much to me as they did then. Know
why...? Because B&S don't remind me of the crap times,
they remind me that no matter how crap the crap times
are, you can put on a CD and be transported away from
them... at least for a while. That's the power of all
great music, not just B&S...

Anyway, I'll leave it there before I disappear up my
own arse. Thanks for reading this far (if you still
are). Can't wait for Glasgow May 17th when I pop my
B&S live cherry. Will no doubt see some of you there
(even if neither of us will be aware of that fact). If
anyone fancies replying, either via Sinister or
direct, then please do... I'm quite a nice bloke when
you get to know me, honest.

Cheers,

Matthew.