Sinister: indie boi

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 25 11:54:11 BST 2003

Glad to see that the mighty crunching wheels of Glasgow picnic planning
have started to roll; of course not having a beach is a big flaw but it
can't be helped ;)  I look forward to hearing Reports Back of bad
dancing, mass arrests and lewd acts with Ribena.

On a smaller and more imminent scale, there is still the option of a
Sinister meeting at/before the London Go-Betweens gig on Monday if
anyone fancies it (or indeed, fancies either me or the Gingerfox or
both, cos, er, we'll be there).  Email me, yo.

I don't think Sinister's ever heard about someone's vasectomy before.
We truly are getting more fascinating every day and I don't mean that
sarcastically.  Coming soon: 'Smear Test Diaries'.

Sadly I can't offer anything so exciting, but that won't stop me
dragging everyone down to my level.  The grand(ish) tradition of the
pastiche has been a bit neglected lately, so I decided to waste most of
the morning at work composing this timeless ballad (maybe you can sing
it to your girl at the ball, Ian P):

****
Indie Boi

He was a geek
She was more chic
Can I make it any more obvious?
He wore brown flares
She had Amelie's hair
What more can I say?
He crushed on her
She'd never tell secretly she crushed on him as well
But all of her friends
Stuck up their nose
They had a problem with his corduroy clothes.

He was an indie boy
She said you're too skinny boy
He wasn't good enough for her
She had a pencil case
With Hello Kitty's face
She needed to come back down to earth.

Five years from now
She sits at home
Feeding the goldfish she's all alone
She turns on TV
Guess who she sees
Indie boy on the Open University.
She calls up her friends
They already know
And they've all got
Tickets to see the show.
She tags along
Stands at the back to
Look at the man and his protractor.

He was an indie boy
She said you're too skinny boy
He wasn't good enough for her
Now he's earned loads of cash
Doing really hard maths
Does your pretty face see what he's worth?

<repeat>

Sorry girl but you missed out
Well tough luck that boy's mine now
We're discussing quantum physics
And waiting for aliens to visit.
Too bad that you couldn't see
See the man that geek could be.
There is more than meets the eye
I've seen the way he can recite Pi.

He's just a geek
And I'm just a freak
Can I make it any more obvious?
We are in love
Haven't you heard
How we are happy being nerds?

I'm with the indie boy
The Mork to my Mindy boy
I'll be backstage after the show
I'll be in the studio
Working out the formula
For how much of a bitch you are...

<repeat>

****

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

love Archel Lavigne xxx

Visit www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions at buzzwords.ndo.co.uk