Sinister: don't leave the Coldplay on repeat baby

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Sun Apr 27 22:08:26 BST 2003

s.lord said:
>>wrote about coldplay and the song the scientist - and i wanted to say that
>>the song also evokes the need to cry in me <<

Coldplay also always evoke the need to cry in me.  Like when my old
downstairs neighbours used to play at 5am, almost ritually, every night,
both Coldplay albums, one after another.  My flatmate was at the brink of
breakdown until they moved out.

One time in my local pub my friend overheard one of the downstairs
neighbours (who happened to be at the pub also at the time) making one of
the most defining statements in musical history.

Man: "There has been no good bands since the 1960's you know"

then followed by:

Man: "...except Coldplay"

ROFL

That tune about yellow though is fun to play on the guitar and warbling
over.  And also the tune about Shivering you can change the words to sing
about erections.

and Stine~ talked about getting a speeding ticket, I remembered the time
when "a friend of mine" got caught speeding by the speed camera that was
pretty scary as he really didn't want 3 points on his licence, and his dad
has moved to live in Hong Kong but was still the registered owner for the
car, so he shifted the blame to his dad who's had a clean licence for the
past 20 years... nice!

This friend of mine is remaining anonymous in case there's any cops who are
on sinister.

Can people be friends with themselves?

Ken
P.S.: Paulo gave us three servings of his Spaghetti Meatballs, yummy.  I
don't have any similar stories to tell yet but, tomorrow I'm might be
getting some BIORE.  So brace yourself for a reporting back.  I have a
feeling that I'll be pulling out something grosser than Paulo's Vasectomist.