Sinister: Reach For The SARS

Richard Lander rclander at xxx.com
Mon Apr 28 13:17:59 BST 2003

Hello everyone

Cheers to Ken for the following overheard quote from his obviously demented
former downstairs neighbour.

> Man: "There has been no good bands since the 1960's you know"
>
> then followed by:
>
> Man: "...except Coldplay"

It had to take something earth shattering to shake me from the lethargy that
set in after the 9 July 2000, because that was the last time I posted. Since
then I have slowly sunk into the kingdom of lurkerdom where, unless Keith
Watson is still here, I think that I have possibly set a record for longest
time between posts. I really have been here all the time and I have felt
like posting too but then I am seized by indecision or fear of being
contentious, possibly due to the fact that when I posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2000
making an fairly non-controversial comment about Stereolab somebody sent me
an email blasting me for my preference for their earlier records. Anyway
thanks to Chris Martin's biggest fan (apart from Gywneth) I have returned.

Someone mentioned Snow Patrol and their status as Jeepster jumpers and it
set me thinking as to whether there are any bands etc. still signed to
Jeepster or have they all buggered off. Belle & Sebastian gone to Rough
Trade, Looper to Mute, Snow Patrol to Black Lion (according to their Flash
happy website) and even Ian McCulloch has just released new record on
Cooking Vinyl. Whats left? Just little Isabel or has she jumped ship to sign
a mega deal with Sony.

I met Ken when he came to Hong Kong at the beginning of this year, we had a
good chat and a few beers in Lan Kwai Fong. I'm still in Hong Kong by the
way, almost 7 years, and no I don't know anyone with SARS. I'm sure B&S will
give us a miss just like other music stars who have recently cancelled, the
Rolling Stones, Moby and Andy Williams.

See you in 2006.

Love & Light

Richard Lander