Sinister: I'm tired of staying in...

Rachel sunnie_set at xxx.com
Mon Apr 28 23:09:06 BST 2003

 Sunlight falls through the window and music from ballboy plays from my
stereo. The sunlight looks unusually pretty today.  It shakes me from my
state of perpetual daydream. I decide to leave the shelter of my mind and
enter the real world.

I catch a bus and travel past trees heavy with bright pink blossom. I sit
outside drinking coffee watching the world pass me by. The real world
involves interaction.

I text a girl in Greece, a fellow sinsterine, a friend of the heroes, and a
life long member of the dreamers movement, if you really want to know.

She tells me:

"sometimes I dream, sometimes I fly/and it's all because I do/ believe that
we'll be still in love tomorrow"-

She tells me Nixon says that.

She tells me she needs a true love.

I tell her she will find one. One day.

I take some pictures and a young girl decides to pose for me. She looks
sweet and happy and excited to be captured on film. She offers me her
balloon. It reminds me of what someone from the german exchange once said:

"There's nothing more inspiring than an act of kindness.  Simple throw away
things - general etiquette, passers by who are smiling, etc. "

I talk to a stranger and surprise myself. It wasn't  such a terrifying thing
to do after all. I feel brave and talk some more to other strangers. People
in burger king, people on family outings, people I already know. That's a
lie. They talk to me. The world welcomes me. I'm not sure I'm ready to
accept but its nice to know that the offer is there.

Take Care
Rachel

PS for definitions of some of the more complex terms used in this post
please consult dimitra's dictionary

If you're any sort of hero, you'll be fighting for what you believe in.
You'll get tired, and worn down by the world. There's always somebody to
tell you you're wrong....You can't always save the world.
But you're a hero, so that won't stop you trying.
http://www.friendsoftheheroes.co.uk