Sinister: (The Reasons) why I love the rain

Stefano [Steady-State] stephanowic at xxx.it
Fri Aug 1 15:33:19 BST 2003

It is when it was up you in the morning gently tickling on the window, and everything outside doesn´t really look like any other day and is changing shape any now and then. I can stand watching at it sitting on the bad and listening to that noise that sparse cars are making while running away in the early hours. Then the world doesn´t look so crowded when I can look the widow in the morning.

It is when I can smell the flowers and leaves and the ground and the grass. It just remembers me of some summer days of childhood when after the storm I use to rush in the woods to spot the trembling light filtered by the leaves of the chestnuts and the last few drops of rain hanged in their last breath to them. It´s when the autumn is coming that I wish I could walk back in my wood, to see the copper and the gold on the trees stretching their skinny arms to the open wide space. But I can still catch the smell of the ground in the way that leads me home. And that is good enough.

The wind was blowing in the thick green curtains my granddads used to repair from the sun in the warmth of the afternoon. And I dreamt to be a mariner. Like a character of an adventure book. Not a pirate. Just boarding to go somewhere far and mysterious. Somewhere hidden and undiscovered. But most of all staying in the middle of nothing surrounded by water, and the curtain, my sails, where dragger here and there and around, I was just stay starring at them, trying to catch the smell of the breeze, with my eyes half close, daydreaming of being god knows where. And that was enough to make my day. Until my grandmum would come and grab me, and lead me in the living the room from which I could loom at the thunderstorm, hanging on the armchair, as much as I am doing now. Was happy cause was cosy and the rain came rattling in.

  	Is going be a sunny week end the weather forecast said.

Take care
stefano

in the time of the winter
the waiter fell into the snow