Sinister: Ghostbusted = Best. Kids. Sketch. Ever.

Miss Marianna Longmire mary_goodshoes at xxx.com
Sat Aug 2 21:03:19 BST 2003

Gosh, check me all big with the blushing.

With regards to Jay stalking the mini emo kids.

How jealous am I? The best I've been able to come up with are occasional
spottings of three hard core eight-year-old punks (spiky purple mohicans,
dog collars, ripped blazers) who float about Kentish Town waaaaaaay past
their bedtime.

With regards to s/talking to pop stars.

One dandy was quoted by another, "One should never talk to their idols, the
gilt might rub off." I think it's a fairly good rule to live by. Of course,
that doesn't stop me from following them down Kensington High St, nor does
it quell my desire to use hospital information to track down their home
address. In my defence of the latter, I was bored at work. Of course now
that we've got ourselves a deformity clinic, most of my work hours are
fruitfully spent ogling such delights as: the giant with a shrunken head!
The albino! The hunchback! The man split in two - vertically!

Still, digressions aside, if you do actually want some sort of interaction
with your hero, you could try the tactics of a very good friend of mine.
"Grab their arse." The celebs, I'm told, love it.

/I/ suggest you try that theory out on August 15 when list celebrity KEN CHU
(as henchman of the Red Bull Dozers) plays a show at the Winchester Club in
Glasgow. I'll be there and can barely contain my excitement at the prospect
of hearing the third best opening line in a song ever ("Ro-bert, your
nipples are pert"), along with eyeing up the veritable plethora of Scottish
Sinister Hotties who will be in attendance.

In fact, the impending jaunt to Scotland almost marks the start of my
intercontinental adventure! Excuse me whilst I go into 'screaming with girly
hysteria' mode: I'M GOING TO GLASGOW AND EDINBURGH AND THEN BACK TO LONDON
AND THEN CARDIFF AND THEN BACK TO LONDON AND THEN PERTH AND MELBOURNE AND
HAWAII AND LOS ANGELES AND DALLAS AND THEN BACK TO LONDON! Ahem. I'm really
awfully excited. I'll be seeing some of YOU and generally getting into
mischief and shall, at one point, temporarily stop being a fashionista as I
morph back into alternoverse Marianna and become a farm girl again. Still,
at least I can then legitimately (http://www.catandgirl.com/view.cgi?151)
wear a B+S truckers' hat.

xx Miss Marianna

P.S. A titbit for all you pop pickers. Two of Beyonce's outfits worn
recently on CD:UK (head to foot plus accessories, yo) are totally cheapies
from Top Shop. Mark Frith, will you hire me?