Sinister: how to post without having an orginal thought of your own

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Tue Aug 5 23:38:13 BST 2003

I read Gillian Kirby's email with interest.

 It reminded me of how I felt a few years ago, albeit
I was never as eloquent with my language, nor was I
brainy enough to get anything other than a third class
degree. I still recall standing outside the registrar,
excitedly looking for my name, and sort of finding
that I consoled myself in a "er.. that's ..alright..
at least I passed" sort of way. As did my friends, who
were as incapable as I was of showing any faint
_expression of over-joy. Like finding out you've got a
role in a play you auditioned for, only its as a part
of the chorus rather than an actual named character
with your own lines, in the programme.

Still, well done to Ms Kirby for getting there! Go,
celebrate, and enjoy every minute of it. My graduation
day was one of those rare moments when all I could
feel was pure pride, and I revelled in it.

My only disagreement was that I am any sort of
indie-princess. Far from it. I'm as cool as someone's
dad having a mid-life crisis at a family gathering. I
even do that thing where they get all their "cool"
quotes muddled up, and everyone just stares at them
blankly while they try to laugh at their own jokes.
I'm the Un-Hip Highness, the Duchess of Dorkchester,
I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo, what the hell am I doing
here, etc, etc.

In any case, Terry Wogan is alright, but that's
nothing on Alan Titschmarsh. Oh, how I remember a
long, lonesome summer, when all there was on telly was
gardening programmes, and I hadn't discovered the joy
of interwebbing. That was a dark year indeed, and I'll
spare you the outcome.

Francesca Wrote:

have you heard about the singer of noir desir? I feel
a little strange having some CDs by them now, not that
the fact changes the music they played through the
years, but I won't ever listen to those CDs in the
same way I did before...

For those of you who aren't culchured enough to even
bother hitting the "World" link of the BBC news pages,
the singer, Bertrand Cantat, has currently been
detained in Lithuania for beating his actress
girlfriend following a row. Anyway, she died.

Marianna voiced my thoughts (which was darn clever of
her seeing as she lives so many miles away in London)
regarding Jay and the lil'est emo kids. If Jay wants
to make a fortune he really ought to market it
complete with mail-order emo-kid dolls and stuff. How
cute would that be? The idea of lil'est emo kid books
sounds rather like doing Mister Men books. I forsee a
cartoon show to accompany it, and possibly a movie,
done on a shoe-string indie budget, natch.

Talking of Marianna, (she is the new Ken Chu) I'm
looking forward to her arrival in Scotland. I've said
that before, haven't I? Yes, well, I met her once and
I thought she was ace, and so would you if you haven't
already met her, in which case there is no doubt
you'll know exactly where I'm coming from.

Following from robin stout's post,

Is it true? "Dear Catastrophe Waitress"?

And the title of ""You Don't Send Me" makes me think
of some Simon and Garfunkel song "why don't you send
me a letter" which may be a lyric or may be a title, I
dunno. I don't pay attention to song titles, only to
the track number in which they appear on the record.
That way I can count through them to skip, or to play,
or to do whatever. Ditto I follow Robin's feeling of
sadness for no sign of Miraculous Technique on it, cos
I do love that song.

Who is Walter Mitty? A little insight here:

See, it's not so hard to post when you have nothing of
your own to say. A simple cut'n'paste of the best
posts of recent times, and a summary response do the
trick nicely.
love

idles
xx