Sinister: oooh reverence

Gillian Kirby the_sad_witch at xxx.com
Fri Aug 8 15:18:23 BST 2003

I bought ..Sinister in December 1997 and the LLPJ EP a
bit before then, so maybe i'm a late starter too. I
think everyone who didn't get the original Tigermilk
release is to some, but i can't help that much.
However, I didn't buy the last album because i was too
poor, and people told me it was a bit crap so I got
the new Mercury Rev and a Terry Hall collection
instead. I'd recommend the latter by the eway, if you
can get the one with 'Really Sayin' Something' on al
the better.

i would thoroughly recommend taking lunch inbt he park
during the current spell of hot weather, but perhaps
not queuing up in M&S to buy said lunchg first.
apparently it's the same one d. beckham uses/used, but
all there were were people in boring office clothes
and we three, girls in trainers and 'go to hell'
slogan t-shirts and we-can-take-lunch-whenever-we-like
attitudes. Speaking of which, i was sent a job ad for
a 'lifestyle assistant' the other day...they want
graduates to book haircuts and collect drycleaning and
arrange milkdeliveries for people who are too busy and
important to do all this stuff for them,selves. Half
of me thought that there was something vaguely immoral
about running errands for up-arsed people, when do you
become too important to book your own haircuts? Then
again, the other half...the evil, corporate whore
half...wishes she thought of such a pointless service
first, as there must be loads of people in L*nd*n who
are too busy being mockneys to do all this stuff. Then
charge a fortune for it. ha ha ha ha ha.

I think that's the difference between here and the
capital-we don't feel like we constantly have to keep
up. nobody thinks they need to buy £80 cheese graters
just because they were in Elle Deco. Yet I'm going to
have to go eventually...

gotta post letters.it's too shiny outside.

-gillian

=====
"Obscurism:  The Practice of peppering daily life with obscure
references (forgotten films, dead TV stars, unpopular books, defunct countries,
etc.)as a subliminal means of showcasing both one's education and one's wish
to diassociate from the world of mass culture"