Sinister: Rear Catastrophe, Matron.

kenneth.chu at xxx.org kenneth.chu at xxx.org
Fri Aug 8 16:40:51 BST 2003

(Haha I searched on the archives for the phrase "Good looks" and the top two
links returned both have MY NAME on it!  I think it's saying something.
Sorry just adding a bit of self-indulgence into this post since there's been
none of that on the list lately at all hahaha roflmao)

REAR CATASTROPHE, MATRON

New album sounds like it's gonna be GRATE.  I think the best song on the
album is going to be "If you find yourself caught in love", because it has
the most words in its title and that's always a good thing.

Robin Stout said about "(My Girl's Got) Miraculous Technique" not being on
DCW (pronounced "Dick Wank"?).  I remember reading something about how the
songs on that particular Peel Session were never going to be released as an
album - I have no idea where I read this from, so, I searched on sinister
archive, and guess what?!  MY NAME came up again, and I wrote about how I
heard from somewhere that the songs on that particular Peel Session were
never going to be released as an album!!

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200107/msg00189.html

I wonder where I heard that from!!!!

HOT PANTHONY

I am very looking forward to hearing the studio version of this song also.
I hope this version will still have the sound of Pint Glasses being
collected as that really added to the bootleg version that's been going
around, and it'd be sad to miss it.

TWEE ON THE SUNRISE

Mark C the anti-twee got a bit hot and pompous under his pants about the
affectation of tweeness, it is true - sinister ain't about twee yo, we fuck
them, hence the term twee fuckers.  Or something.

BIGGEST BLUEST LOW-FLY

Went to see CAMERA OBSCURA at King Tuts in Glasgow on Saturday - wow, it was
absolutely fantastic, I had to hold in a lot of pee just so that I didn't
miss a song, but I needed to go eventually, I was Undone by the Tennents on
tap, but luckily I was very quick in Dropping my trousers and going for the
pee so I didn't miss too much.  Great music, Fastened with the lovely
singing voices.  I liked the intimacy of the place too.  And there was
D!a!n!c!i!n!g! - from both audience and the band!  Time really Zipped by and
I got to dance for a bit and bought the new Camera Obscura single "Teenager"
it's excellent!  And B-sides too.

The ticket for the gig was great too.  It had "CAMERA OBSCURA" written on it
in capitals and above that it stated three rules

1. Over 18s only
2. Bring IDs

and..

3. ROAR!

It was strange that they insisted that you let out a cry before you're
allowed to get into a gig (before you cry?), nonetheless it seemed fun so as
I walked pass the bouncer I screamed on top of my lung, and he asked "what's
going on?".  Neither of us were blonde.

It was unfair, though, the girl behind me broke all three rules, and still
got in.  Good looks will always open doors for a girl.

And outside King Tuts I picked up Flyers of a great club in glasgow that is
happening on the 15th Aug at the Woodside Social Club near the Kelvinbridge
tube station called The Winchester Club and wow, the band line-up looked
great.  I'm sure to go.  You should too.

Can't wait for DickWank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it heheheh (that was my Janis Joplin impression)
Ken
P.S.: There has been a lack of SINISTER BOWLING events, fancy some SINISTER
BOWLING, anyone?  Howsabout some Sinister Bowling and Drinking in Glasgow
the 16th August?  Anyone?

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.