Sinister: I exercise all options, and I know I'll see you there.

Kim Girton kimgirton at xxx.com
Tue Aug 12 18:10:03 BST 2003

** ALRIGHT MIDATLANTIC SINISTEREES, THIS IS IT. **

WHO: You and your petard

WHAT: The first-ever-in-a-really-long-time MID-ATLANTIC SINISTER PICNIC

WHEN: Saturday, September 6 @ 12noon

WHERE: meet ups at Columbia Heights Metro Station & Rock Creek Park (map to
be distributed later)

WHY: Because it's about time we did some reporting back of our own.

Thanks to the extremely helpful nature and quick thinking of D.C. Sinister
Listee Lisa, it's been officially declared that the delightful event will
take place at Rock Creek Park, located in NW D.C. behind the National Zoo
(Adam's Morgan).  For those who'd like to remain carless in the city, Lisa
will be holding court that afternoon at the Columbia Heights Metro station.
Park on the outskirts of town and wind your way into the madness on the MTA;
couldn't be easier!

For those who wish to drive in, I'll be at the picnic site to stake it out
while Lisa does the honors of leading the troops back to the woodsy fun.  I
will have my car in the city and am asking for one or two more willing
drivers to volunteer if we decide to venture out post-picnic.  But since NW
D.C. is quite pedestrian-friendly, it'd doubtful we'll need to worry about
that too much.

Sinister Listee Jenny has mentioned that the Black Cat will be holding Wag
(classic garage rock) that night with guest DJs, so if all goes well and
we'd like to keep the level of alcohol in our bloodstream relatively
constant and high, we can move the festivities indoors and into the evening.

I'm going to assume we can make this your average picnic with foodstuffs
brought by partygoers, and I'll volunteer to handle the delegation of those
sorts of picnicky things.  Park regulations still need to be confirmed, but
one thing at a time, people!  :)  Email me at KimGirton at hotmail.com if
you're interested in attending and, even better, assisting to boot.  I'll
collect and sort relevant information as quickly as I can between finding
other ways to not work at work.  In the meantime, write down the date on
your calendar and don't doublebook!  This will be an event not to be missed.
  Or at the very least, a damn good time, even without the Natural History
Museum's woolly mammoth.  And if it's not, I'll tell you how to get to the
woolly mammoth from the Park.

Hope to see you there. :)

~ Kim