Sinister: Come 'ere young 'un, let me tell you a tale...

Hewitt, Stephen S.Hewitt at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 14 11:39:37 BST 2003

Ello babies

Gillian said:
> Anyhow, what does this mean? it's been bugging me for
> ages...
>
> Nee, nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa
> +-+
> > +-+               Snipp snapp snut, sa var sagan
> slut!

Hmm yes I imagine it's difficult to search the archives for a phrase that
appears on every mail.  However having just had a go I was surprised, nay
shocked, to find out that NNMP (without the comma) was first included in the
footer in may 98.

For those of you without access to a thai phonetic/english translation
machine I can tell you it is thai for "this is pish, I think I'll leave", a
phrase that entered sinister lore when stuart david typed it during this:

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/bandchat.txt

Looking at that makes me sad cos there is MINKA and SWANNIE and lots of
other people on it, and also, confusingly paul strange fruit unless I'm very
much mistaken...

Also it appears StuD didn't leave for ages after that anyway...

SSS is either swedish or norwegian (sorry) and is the equivalent of "and
they all lived happily ever after" at the end of kid's stories, although it
doesn't literally mean that.  Again, difficult to search the archives for
something in every mail...

I'm glad all you american types are getting excited about GIGS and stuff,
hopefully they will be lots of fun.

At the moment I'm all about 3 things:

1.  PIRATES, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Pirates of the caribbean is
only the second film I've seen in the cinema this year, and although it is
about half an hour too long my pirate bingo card was filled in with ease
(also ZOMBIE MONKEY!!!!)

2.  MJ HIBBETT.  He used to be one of us you know, and he's just released
his second album and I think it's GRATE.  There are some tracks to listen to
here:  http://www.mjhibbett.com/

3. FREAKY TRIGGER RE-LAUNCH. Containing stuff by several (ex-)ones of us and
lots of team-blog goodness http://www.freakytrigger.co.uk/index.html and a
big picture of a fluffy cat on the front page...

I think that's all

xoxo
CarsmileSteve