Sinister: Smoked today, first time since 1988

Stefano [Steady-State] stephanowic at xxx.it
Thu Aug 14 12:49:39 BST 2003

	[With kids I knew, though springs and then in falls. But they are not kids at all.]
Well I didn´t actually smoke at all today. First day since some December Sunday something. Guess it should have been about my birthday last year. Haven´t smoked since I have been at high school. 1988, I guess. Definitely got sharp memory of a general few weeks long strike the Italian tobacco monopoly, which provides all the authorised dealers. Yes, we still got this kind institution over there. Anyway end of the second week of strike the only things one could see on the shelf were either the cigarette the monopoly itself crafts. But without filter. And believe me, you won´t try to taste them, even when you 16 and have being reading Charles Bukowsky novels for the previous few months. The other option was obscure menthol cigarettes, of course in their metal green box which distinguish them from far away. You possibly won´t try them either. But at least they had a filter. And the Swiss was so far away.
	 But for today is too late, some business I guess, no consolation as if I knew.
		How busy you are.
	Haven´t listen to Karate for ages, and we quite amazed how much I have enjoyed listening to them last night. Didn´t even feel the need to smoke a fag, I´ve promised that I´ll rise this day next year and Diazepam won´t leave me death, (yeah!)
I´ll stay right we I am!

[The Disastrous Waitress]
	This is such an excellent title for a record that can´t really wait for it to be released. I have enjoyed very much the instrumentals on storytelling, but I really prefer the bits from the movie to most of the songs.  Actually due to the magic of information technology I´ve released my own private version, which is the full instrumental one, if you want to try it, I find it extremely lovely... but now that we have a disastrous waitress waiting for us what can we ask more?
	Moreover, I have to admit got a particular attitude to have silly crash on waitresses. I have. They don´t. And this is because they are wise. My actual flatmate is a waitress as well.  She is not wise. Might be I´ll need to meet the disastrous one. In fact I think I had. She was serving in a pub in Stoke Newington, and she had I style. We used to rehears in a place nearby that is why we have discovered this pub. To make a long story short, we had released a dame called `My love, a Waitress´, actually is now out as a split called `My love, A definition´. Mind I didn´t have the FGTH producer at the time and opted for recording it with a seventies second hand mono cassette recorder. DIY is bless.
	If you feel any curious but feel a bit scary by out-of-fashion background-noise-loaded tapes you got a chance to hear us playing THE ARTS CAFÉ´ (LUNDUN) on the 31 of August... I am as excited that I am actually jumping on the chair while telling you that. Haven´t been playing a gig in this country since the day I arrived, some December something a couple of years ago. And that was fantastic.
We will be supporting lovely country folk from Meets Guitar and a fellow Italian band called Morose. Which amazingly means girlfriends...Isn´t that weird?   I suppose some can say that a girlfriend can make you a bit morose at time... but well won´t necessarily agree! {e-mail me of line to be placed on the cheap list  if you fancy that}....

Moreover:

[The Red Bull dozers]
	Are playing Glasgow at the Winchester club! That´s magnificent. How many surprises will Mr K.P. Chu reserve to his audience before they can melt their selves on the disco floor? That would have been a dream to come over and escape Lundun for a while, but really, even if I keep forgetting at time, I have a job here that I can´t escape all the time I would to. This should be kind of a general feeling isn´t?

Anyway, we have an option which is as good as in the always excellent:

[How Does it Feel to Be Loved]
	Shall I say something more? It is just great.

	We had a nice picnic and a lovely night at:
[Tigermilking]
as well. I have placed some more photographs and a playlist on the website
http://www.undermybed.org/tigermilking
Hope you have a good laugh looking at them.
	I have still to say thank you to all who came, that was really kind of yours, and especially Ally and Lucy (and Lucy too) coming all the way down from Glasgow, that really almost moved me to tears.
	Well I am quite a crying person so shouldn´t be such an event. But yet again thank you thank you thank you.

	Take care my dear sinisters
	Your almost steady
	Stefano

in the time of the winter