Sinister: expectations

anders anders at xxx.com
Fri Aug 15 15:05:08 BST 2003

hello sinister

i have just arrived at home.
the first thing i did when i came in was to take off my shoes (which are new so it is really hard to not say anything about them. but i will resist) check the mail i had brought from the mail box, nothing even remotely interesting, and then eat (old bread. yum!)
when i had eaten i went up here, up the stairs to this room where the computer is located, then i started typing.

SNIPP SNAPP SNUTE, SÅ VAR EVENTYRET UTE

these words mean exactly the same as the swedish words that look quite much the same, "Snipp snapp snut, sa var sagan slut!", and the meaning of these words was explained excellent by david moore, i just wanted to add a wee piece of information, which is that these words, at least the norwegian ones (yes! they're norwegian), are how to end a fairy tale.
if you're to write a fairy tale in norwegain there ar certain rules you'll have to know about. this is one of them. you must start with "det var en gang" which is just about "once upon a time", and then all the rules about three, seven and..., and you must always end by saying snipp snapp snute, så var eventyret ute.
i don't think english have anything like that.
and this is serious. if you have an exam, where your task is to write a fairy tale, you just might fail, no, but get lower grades, if you forget to, or choose not to, end your little story with those words.
i think this is nothing but a coincidence, but snute means snout and snipp and snapp are those two squirrels, sometimes alone in the forest with their own forest-friends, but sometimes also seen with donald duck, and then usually as his enemies, they might steel nuts from his price-winning tre which will be inspected later that day, or something else, and i think their english names are chip and dale. i think i know that because when i was a kid, which i to some probably still are, had a nintendo, and yes, i still have it in my room, i am very good at super mario 3, he he, but i won't boast, oh i might just do so, but first i will say that i used to have the chip and dale game "chip n dale: rescue mission" or something, i don't know where it is now, when i recollected the nintendo and unpacked it last autumn, after all these years, that paricular game, and other games were not located where i expected and wanted them to be. pity. it was an ecellent game. dog robots and you w!
 ould pick up apples that were twice the size of yourself and them throw them at already mentioned robot-dogs, or some bees or.., anyways, i don't have that anymore. i only have super mario 3, super mario bros, tetris and nintendo world cup. all wonderful games. i especially like, in addition to sm3, world cup, you see there is no ref, and you can do anything, so if you have two players, one can try scoring and one can knock down the other team, that is how violent i am, that's the most violent thing i do, knock down nintendo kamerun players that will arise again if i push the restart button, and i do, just to check if they're ok, and they are. tetris is a classic.
my sister is on hell of a tetris player, my dad too.
so it's not that fun.
i loose.
but, i'm best at super mario 3, i'm even better than astrid i think. (det håper og tror jeg da i hvert fall, hvis ikke; la meg få leve med den illusjonen))

FOSS...

...is the name of my new school.
my first day is monday.
18.8.03
and i'm really nervous.
that was where i was today by the way, i said that i'd been out, no i didn't say that i had, but i said that i came in and when you come in you've normally been out, and i am quite normal. to get to my school i will have to take the bus which is a rather big change because the school i've been at for the last nine years (sigh!) is just two minutes away from here, i can see it if i go into my room and lean out of the window, but this school foss, is in the centre of oslo, not in the centre-centre, but quite close, grünerløkka, which might be oslo's soho, but..ermm, forget it, i'm not a london expert and it can hardly be compared anyways due to the fact that oslo has about half a million inhabitants, and london has, erm, some millions, quite a few millions too i think.
so today i went down there with the bus, to test it. check if it all went well, know exactly at which bus stop to leave the bus, walk to the school, take the time of everything, walk around in the area and last but not least, feel the feeling of being a student at that school and not at haugen as i've been for nine years (sigh again!). it is a good feeling. i'm sick of haugen, it's better now, but when i left last june, oh, what a wonderful feeling, knowing that i'm not to return unless i want to. to say hello and steal some paper which was free there but i will have to buy now.
haugen was terrible, some nice guys, just a few and those who weren't nice was, well, "not my style".
i was with the few nice guys instead of the-hang-outside-the-local-shop-and-smoke-and-look-cool-in-our-brand-new-diesel-and-levis-and-psycho-clothes-and-don't-care-about-school-and-talk-of-nothing-but-the-imagined-fight-i-had-last-week-and-how-everyone's-after-me-and-sometimes-even-talk-about-eminem-and-50-cent-and-try-to-get-some-grown-up-to-buy-more-cigarettes-and-of-the-bmw-i-will-buy-when-i'm-18-though-i-know-i-will-hardly-be-able-to-buy-anything-when-i'm-in-jail-or-on-the-dole-or-working-in-this-very-shop-because-there-will-be-so-many-kids-like-me-there-that-steal-everything-they-see-to-give-to-their-imagined-girlfriends.
or something like that.
not very nice lads to unknown.
terribly nice lads to known.
(hmm? wonder why they were all so nice to be? but only me? not anyone else i was with? hmmm?)
i think it'll be better now. that's why i'm so excited, because foss is known as the music school of the city. and the red school (political) and the school for the freaks.
i know it's not supposed to be like that, but i am actually looking forward to school. the last week of the holiday is supposed to go so fast because of how you want it to last forever, but i feel rather that it's really long because i want to satrt at school so much. i'm sure i won't feel that happy about being at school in three weeks, but now, it seems like heaven. not school but, hopefully, the people there.
ah...
maybe i'll be really disappointed because i have rather huge expectations. well.

DEAR CATASTROPHE WAITRESS

is something i have even higher expectations to.
and why do i think this is such a great record?  don't know. apart from it being a belle and sebastian record, i have not many reasons to believe so, well, there is lord anthony and sleep on a sunbeam and roy walker then. but mostly; it's just a feeling i have.
i must admit that this is the first time i've anticipated a record as much as i do now. i am so young, my musical taste is very young, born only a few years ago, and me being sixteen makes this the very first release i've been looking forward to for such a long time. i don't have much more to say about it.
just that i'm very excited.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

is a nice bloke. and harry potter and the order of the phoenix is a great book. it kept me up all night three days in a row i think. perfect! can't wait for the next. though after reading litterature you could buy in a seven eleven shop, it is good for the conscience to sit back with a dostojevskij. i'm not as sad as dostojevskij and i'm not as clever as mark twain.
so i might just do that now.
read a bit.
tonight i will have to go to football training (why do you choose the football training to be late friday night?)
so, now i'll read i think.
how long will it be to the next harry potter.
anyone in wherever joanne live fancy stealing the next book. it'd be highly appreciated...

anders