Sinister: stratosphere await arse cd

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 15 15:38:28 BST 2003

Wotcha list.

'Dear Catastrophe Waitress' sounds like a stupid anagram, and I love stupid
anagrams. So I am NEARLY excited. Although my CD budget has been whittled
away to nothing by the evils of DEBT. So, kids, if you want to be enjoying
Belle & Sebastian in your old age (much like Carsmile and David Moore for
example hoho), don't take out loans. Just work really hard and try to live
somewhere with low rent, like a cardboard box.

Summer is a very busy time here in the language school. I am unable to do
all the appropriate things such as ease my feet in the sea, have picnics,
go on holiday and get pissed on Cosmopolitans. Also I have improving books
about libraries to read. So I probably haven't posted to Sinister for a
good long while.

Here I am, though. I am drinking Ribena as we speak. And I found time to
add Ken's latest effort to
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/pastiches
which Ian and other interested parties may like to revisit for their
pastiche fix. Plug over. (Not smut.)

Hm, what else is there to say? I am moving house again, to be the proud
owner of a Patio (which offers all kinds of possibilities for seaside
Sinister gatherings, of course.)

I was thinking the other day about the 'gang' I had at university, a group
of friends and acquaintances more or less on tap, who could always be
relied on to congregate in one bar, or one person's house, or whatever.
Nowadays there are things called jobs which seem to interfere in a most
unattractive way, meaning that the simplest social arrangement between even
TWo people, let alone 20, takes weeks of planning. Whose door can I knock
on at 1am now, eh? This made me sad. But then I realised that there IS
still a gang I belong to, one whose members DO always know where to find
each other. The names and faces change, but whatever time zone or mood
you're in, someone's out there.

Thanks Sinister,

love Archel

*******