Sinister: BERKELEY and LA MEET UPs!

Rachel fruitloop-Apps blind_lisa at xxx.com
Wed Aug 20 20:06:15 BST 2003

Hey Kids!

I want to share my excitement with y'all about the upcoming Belle &
Sebastian gigs here in Califor-ni-a!
HERE WE GO!!! WHOOOO! YIPPEEEEEE! AOWWWWWWW! YEEEHAWWW! HOORAHHH!

***BERKELEY MEET UP!!! BERKELEY MEET UP!!! BERKELEY MEET UP!!!***

Early Friday, Ben and I are leaving on a jet plane to the SF Bay
area. Ian Rivamonte and I have been having a bit of a discussion
about where we might have a Sinister pre-show gathering.  Ian had a
wonderful idea. Let's all meet at the International House Cafe in
Berkeley.  It's on 2299 Piedmont Ave. in Berkeley.  It has coffee and
food and it's really, really close to the Greek.  So, convenience and
all that is met by meeting there.  We can chat, have coffee, meet and
greet, and spin with a grin.
Here's a link for more info:
http://ias.berkeley.edu/ihouse/i/visitor.html
Let's say 5:30 pm just to be safe.  The ticket says show starts at
7:30 p.m. so that should give us enough time to chat, eat, get to
know each other, and then trek on over to get great spots in the
front (Well, for those of you who can!)

***LA MEET UP!!! LA MEET UP!!! LA MEET UP!!!***

>From 4:30pm Sunday.

Go just past the Greek Theatre on N. Vermont and beyond the parking
lot on the left is a field. That's where we'll be. Bring snacks or
whatever you'd like to have. I'll bring my B&S playing cards. Ben may
even bring out the mini cricket set!

***LA TREASURE HUNT!!! LA TREASURE HUNT!!! LA TREASURE HUNT!!!***

A fine fellow named Peter Crooks and I were chosen to be the Los
Angeles Treasure Troopers for the B&S treasure hunt. The clues are
going to be published in the LA Weekly tomorrow.  If you are in the
LA area, I suggest that you go for the gold. I nearly kept the prizes
for myself, but that would be unsportsman-like conduct.  I'd surely
get a red-card for it!  But trust me, the treasure is fantastic!

I may be looking for another LA ticket, so if any of you have extras
you'd like to sell, please email me.

I hope to see a whole lot of you soon!
love,
Rachel fruitloop-Apps

P.S.I liked the suggestion that MARIANNA LONGMIRE is the new KEN CHU.
 But MARIANNA LONGMIRE is much harder to make into punny lyrics...
CHU DON'T KEN'D ME. See, that's so easy! I'll have to work on
Marianna ones...