Sinister: step into my office, babies

Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za> Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za>
Thu Aug 21 20:21:44 BST 2003

ahoy there, me hearties!

actually i've just stepped in my office, or at least the unviersity's computer lab because i've been feeling a little melancholy today, and i've always found that catching up on e-mail to internet radio really helps
AND
don't worry, you can read on, because i've just finished going through all of the sudden flood of sinister posts (thanks y'all!) and heard stephanie says on the radio ( so i'm not feeling nearly melancholy enough to vent it on all of you... but don't let me put anyone else off - i like fancying myself as a cold shoulder to cry on.

btw, i was only barely aware of the existence of stephanie says, and it has now  suddenly overtaken i'll be your mirror as my all-time favourite velvet underground song EVER - and to add to recent discussions, i see is described as "chamber-pop" in one amazon.com review. and to add my little 5-cents worth, i agree that many of the bad things about tweeness DON'T apply to b&s, but i'd like to meet anyone who can look me in the eyes and tell me "family tree" isn't twee. in fact, isobel seems to have been the twee one (the first gentle waves album in particular really is twee as fuck though isn't it?) and in fact i'm sortof dreading that her departure will have caused the balance to swing a little too much to the rawky side, but then i haven't heard any of the new stuff and it'll all be excellent anyway, i'm sure

ooh wait, though content: i can't remember it being mentioned on the list (and it was interesting seeing pitchforkmedia reviewing stay loose, because on amazon.com, "step into my office, baby" is already on sale as the first single, on sale 23rd september, for anyone interested (at $5,98)

well, so that's it
except to let you know: it's snowed here for two days in a row. normally we would get maybe snow once in an exceptionally cold winter, and some of the hills haven't had snow on them for decades. anyway, it's all rather pretty. bear in mind that i'm heading into a summer that's going to be the same temperatures and hotter as the heat-wave in europe now - but for 3-4 months, so understand my pleasure.

lots love to you all

JohaN