Sinister: and you wonder why are we f*cked up as a race

m. paisley snyggtwee at xxx.com
Sat Aug 23 19:26:29 BST 2003

Excuse me, but did you just write about your desire to physically bully
another list member? Over e-mail?

>I see Paulo Stinsoni stuck his twee oar in. Let me
>give it a further push and a bit of a twist. Brings
>tears to your eyes.

Sure looks like it to me. And you attacked him on a personal level as
well...

>Kids - Paulo's post was a bit of a parable. Being twee
>= YOU DON'T GET LAID AND YOU END UP UNHAPPY. There's a
>bit of a lesson in there, I think.

What the hell. Paul shared a part of his experience, and I felt privileged
to read it. I don't want a flame war (although that hostile e-mail looked
like it could be a first step), but there's something wrong when one member
feels threatened by another, just because one goes by a label that the other
refuses. Paulo's post talked about twee musical groups in a very respectful
way, and concerned his own life, on which he is the best authority. Mark's
post responded not to the twee genre topic, but was just an attack on Paulo
himself.

It's the mentality of shaky self-image where being called a name like "twee"
is like being called "gay" and the best way to prove that you're not is
evidently to go find someone who does represent that quality and beat them
up.

Without their vigilant self-obsession about how aggressive and vicious they
can make themselves, what do bullies have to write about?

-
paisley