Sinister: deflowered

Edda Yrr Einarsdottir eddayrr at xxx.com
Sun Aug 24 10:36:13 BST 2003

Hello sinister,

I think it's time, I think I have to be deflowered, step into the unknown
and send out my first mail since I entered the society of the "sinisters".
For about a month I've been reading some of your mail and to be honest I was
a little intimidated, as people intend to get when they are standing in
front of a group of people, who are destined to judge by their standers and
that even hard. Either they are going to think that you're a bit of cliché,
stereotyped or even worse trying to be really indie when in fact you aren't
at all. So I thought I would just introduce myself with sincerity, it might
not be a interesting mail and it is most definitely not a funny one, but it
is a first one.

My name is edda, and I'm from Iceland, I'm 20 years old and just graduated
from pre college and I am about to start my B.S in engineering, but I am
going to become and architect. hehe this is just like a profile, anyways I
work at a store/café called Te & Kaffi, so I either make coffee or grind it,
ask me about any kind of coffee or tea and I'll tell you all about it. I
also do modeling now and then. I love photographing and designing clothes.
I've traveled a bit, was an exchange student for 6 months in the States,
went to English school in England and worked for sometime in France. I think
that's it, ooh and I don't have a boyfriend.

I actually just read Ian's "twee idol" mail, and it got me thinking about
how I answer questions about my taste in music, normally I just tell people
that I like indie, jazz/blues, folk and usually name a few artists like Low,
Will Oldham, B & S, american analog set, tom waits.... when in fact my
stereo's has been broken for some time so I haven't been listening at all to
my cd's for a while. So I've just been listening to music when I go out, and
when I go out I love to dance so I listen to all the pop that's out there
and old school rap is also pretty high in my play list, so in fact these
days I should say that I'm listening to beyoncé, justin and the roots, but
what will people then think of me? I'll admit that telling people that I
listen to indie is more of an statement than a fact, cause I know that even
though they would tell me the same, they are too listening to "crazy in
love" and shaking there booty. Or at least here... I don't know how it is
with you guys....

              edda xxxx