Sinister: la show.

Jennifer Juniper belle1974 at xxx.com
Mon Aug 25 11:28:08 BST 2003

hi kids!

i am sure i am not the only one who will write in with
a review or musings about the show this evening but i
just have the compelling desire to share right now.
okay, it could be because i am still a bit drunk from
the after-show at the derby.  i also had my first
cigarette in over a year tonight so you will have to
forgive my candidness.

the show was strange.  at least it was a strange
experience for me.  i have been into the band since
1997 and went so far as to go to chicago from la to
see them in 1998 because i thought it was the closest
they were ever going to get to me.  and seeing the
show proved me right.  it was a miracle they got
through a song without falling apart.  it was
beautiful because it felt like you were witnessing a
miracle in the making.  tonight, much like how they
were two years ago, they were a different band.  they
are so much more professional and together now.  last
tour i was impressed, this time i was left with the
empty feeling that my band had disappeared.  the
beauty and fragility were gone and replaced by slick
production.  don't get me wrong, the new songs are
lush and very complex.  they are a more mature band
now, but something was missing even from the old songs
they played. mind you i was up in the cheap seats of
section b row a.  it was the best i could do after
missing the pre-sale in june.  i had to wade through
wrestling fans and people picking up harry potter
books for those tickets.  tonight the band just seemed
so small and far away.  the intensity was missing from
the show for me.  i am used to being up close where i
can watch their every move and enjoy every moment.
tonight, i was remote and cut off from the band.  i
was even feeling cut off from the fans until i went up
to the "party" section at the top of the theatre.  i
felt like i couldn't dance and enjoy the show from
where i was sitting.  that is the thing, i was sitting
and so was everyone around me.  the pit wasn't even
moving around too much. when i noticed all the fun
that was going on in cheap seats, i gave up my good
viewing point in lieu of getting to dance and have a
great time..  belle and sebastian, they will always
have a place in my heart but they have moved on. the
people at the show were the usual suspects but there
were new people there as well.  i look forward to
hearing the new cd, but just remind me for next time
that i have to be in the pit to enjoy the show.
otherwise i feel like i am on another world from them.

cheerios,

jennifer juniper

p.s.  so what was in the treasure chest for la?  i
would really love to find out!  :o)