Sinister: B&S L.A. Moments!!

Ian Rivamonte irivamon at xxx.com
Mon Aug 25 17:31:01 BST 2003

This time it's L.A.  I was at the pit at the very front of Stuart.  I asked
Stuart after he sang Jonathan David, "Stuart!  Can we come on stage again
like in Berkeley?"  He had a grin on his face and he said, "You can come
up!"  I didn't know what to do until they launched into Dirty Dream #2.  I
knew what I was in for.  Stuart signalled me to go up and I did.  I wasn't
afraid being on stage.  I was in this state of euphoria where I couldn't
hear anything or see anything.  All I saw was Stuart and the mic stand.  I
proceeded to say the first line, "In a town so small, there's no escaping
you."  Then I backed away.  This time, I was deathly afraid because I didn't
know the exact wording of the second line.  So, with my Liam Gallagher
impersonation (I had to do it!  When am I ever going to do it in front of
10,000 people?) I said the same line.  Nobody seemed to notice.  Then I
completed the third line.  I began bouncing up and down like crazy, raising
my arms "Arsenio Hall" style in the air!  Then I heard the crowd cheering
for me and they all went mad!  I immediately went down from the stage so
Stuart can finish the song.  I was received with lots of compliments and
pats on the back from the pit crowd.

Then, after B&S played an awesome rendition of "Video Killed the Radio
Star," they played "Judy and the Dream of Horses."  If you were following my
previous story, this is the song that Stuart invited everyone to go on stage
and dance.  After the first verse, he invited people on stage.  Of course, I
was there with them!  It was so cool!!!  Then Connor from Bright Eyes danced
with me and I just couldn't control my happiness, joy, and my moment of
child-like actions.  I was jumping like mad!!  Dancing and just big smiles
all around, giving high fives to the group of people around me on stage for
instigating this whole thing.  Then I gave Stuart a hug telling him thank
you for the most wonderful night of my life.  Then I got the setlist.

As I was exiting the venue, random people started coming up to me
congratulating and complimenting me for my performance.  I didn't know what
to say, other than "thank you?"  At Fred's 62, I also got applauses.  At the
Derby, same reaction.

There goes my moment of fame.  Today it will be forgotten by all.  But it
will live in eternity with me.  Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Ian