Sinister: Living in the past....

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Thu Aug 28 23:42:57 BST 2003

Hey ho sinister,

Theres a few bits to this post, so feel free to skip
to the bit that interests you.

*****************************

STINE GOT TO THE POINT

"i must say that after this whole "twee" debate i have
reached a very important conclusion.....mark c. and
idleberry are soul mates. honestly, how many people
do you know that shove a pole tightly up their arse
before posting to sinister? each of them do
it....it's fate. imagine, if they were physically
together they could bash, insult, whine, complain,
bitch, moan, irritate, belittle, condescend, and
preach to/about all of us...without any of us actually
having to deal with them."

Stine, darling, that twee debate is, like, soooo 18th
August 2003. We've all moved on, please try to keep up
dear. The twee debate is so out of fashion its almost
gone full circle and verging on kitsch. Mark
appologised and explained himself to those who needed
to know, and to the rest as well, I posted other
things about other stuff, get over it already.

"i typically keep my personal annoyances from
sinister,
which coincidentally have only been about the
aforementioned two parties, to myself. however, i
felt that since the 2 of them deem it their purpose on
sinister to keep all of us in line, i felt perhaps
they should be served a dose of their own medicine."

Your medicine was as powerful as a dose of Calpol.
What was an important conclusion to you was as
noteworthy as a badly written 5 year old's news
jotter.

"i also find it hysterically funny that anyone would
complain about the mid-atlantic meetups....considering
the fact that 11 months out of the year all of us read
constantly about UK meetups. mind you, i'm not
bothered by that in the least. i really enjoy reading
about what all of you interesting and involved
sinisters in the uk have going on...i envy it really.
i just think it's funny that anyone thinks too much on
list time is devoted to mid-atlantic meetups."

I also find it hysterically funny, becuase I don't
think anyone did complain about the mid-atlantic meet
ups. Did they? Please correct me if I am wrong (I know
someone will).

And now for a change of subject, but still keeping
with my subject line.

*****************************

WE'RE SO COOL, IT HURTS

I was reading in Elle, today, a piece about fashion.
It was all about the 60's trends, vs. the 80's trends.
Apparently, two "top designer types" reckon, its about
mood as well as the clothes. You have to live and
breathe the style, rather than just wear it. And what
did they say? Apparently, going to your mates houses
and playing records was really cool, as was going to a
club night made by your pals. A few years ago, owning
a guitar was the coolest thing to do, according to
Elle.

So basically, as far as I can see, going to the
Winchester Club is the ultimate in fashion right now.

But hey, we knew that all along.

*****************************

ALBUM COVERS

I was interested by Lucy Alder's pictures, of two
possible album covers. I suppose only time will tell,
won't it? Personally, I prefer the one where you can
see all the band a little better (the Amazon one)
rather than the one with Richard closer. Thats not to
say I think Richard ruins a good picture, but I
somehow just like to see all the band properly in the
photo.

The thing I'm interested in most, is waiting for the
mini literary treat that is the sleeve note stories.
Was it TWATTYBUS that missed them out? I think it was.
Just a piccie of Isobel looking coy. I'm sure there
were plenty of boys who weren't complaining though.

Does anyone know the date when the album is due to be
released?

*****************************

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN, ON THE INTERNET, PLAYING SONGS
FOR CHILDREN...

Unfortunately, despite all the will in the world, and
all sorts of wonderful programmes on my brothers
computer, I wasn't able to watch the internet thing.
>From the sounds of it, I missed out.

I can't complain though, since we were lucky enough to
get the televised version of the Concert for Africa,
which I taped. I think Laura Llew wanted a copy, so if
you're out there Llew, and you still do, send me your
addy.

*****************************

MAKES ME WANNA SHOUT

Finally, I'd also like to do my wannabe thang, like
I've got through to a soulessly cheesy local radio DJ
on a phone in and got a song requested and give out
shouts to all my buddies on the list:
namely Mark Casarotto my platonic soul mate; Mark
Waudby, my love soul mate; Sarah, Mark Casarotto's
darling; Brian McKinnon, the lowest of the lo-fi;
Mandalion; Lyns; Patrick; Nal; Lucy; Lucy Alder; David
Moore; Sally Moore; Nick Dastoor (cos it rhymes with
moore); Ally Cooke; Robin Stout; Stacey'n'Richard;
Pansy Pop; Ken Chu; Marianna; RJG; Kirsten; Mr and Mrs
Bapps; Matt Henderson; Michael Grant; Archel; my mum;
my dad; God; Jesus; and anyone who knows me, from
past, present, or future.

To paraphrase Brett Anderson, I'm not going away, so
you might as well just go and get some camomile
lotion.

Yours forever (whether you like it or not)
Idleberry

=====