Sinister: A response

Mark Casarotto boyincorduroy at xxx.com
Fri Aug 29 00:19:35 BST 2003

You really want to get into this, Christine?

1. "i typically keep my personal annoyances from
sinister". Except in this case. Which you do *after*
my apology. Which you do after Idles posts to stick up
for a friend. That's low. Have you been bottling it
up?

2. Look at the FAQ. "Shout outs", where you are
spending list time and bandwith communicating (but not
saying anything, of course) to a few people is not in
the spirit of things.

3. While I'm at it, FAQ no. 17 - "He/she's really
winding me up, I'm going to slag them off something
rotten... DO NOT FLAME PEOPLE OR BE ABUSIVE!  I take
this very seriously and will act accordingly."

no. 17 continues: "This of course doesn't mean you
can't express strong feelings strongly - in fact it's
mandatory.  But don't attack people, attack things".
Which, Christine, is what I did. I APOLOGISED, both
publicly and to Paul, for what I said to him,
particularly how I said it. It doesn't mean I've
changed my mind about the negativity of affecting
tweeness (though I praise *sensitivity* to the
heavens), but that's over and done with.

One other thing - are you still friends with Isabel
Lark? I'd hate to criticise someone for who their
friends are; after all, it's terrible when you get
blacklisted because you hang around with people who
say things like this:
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200101/msg00348.html
- check it out, Christine. It might be illuminating.

Perhaps after 6 years (happy 6th birthday, Sinister,
btw - though some people seem to think they joined the
list well before that, which is odd, don't you think?)
you'd have figured out that picking fights isn't on.
What's the point, Christine?

Still, good to see your true colours.