Sinister: CHU don't love KENyone!

Rachel fruitloop-Apps blind_lisa at xxx.com
Fri Aug 29 02:30:58 BST 2003

Hello Sinister!

I am a bit troubled by the strife going on lately. Mark, I was
pleased to read your apology. I would consider myself to be a friend
of Mark, Idles and Stine, and so these latest posts disturb me. My
opinion is that some harsh things have been said in the past. Some
things I agree with, and some I don't agree with. It's so easy to get
the wrong end of the stick through email. That's why it's very
important to think things through before getting too upset. I like it
when people express themselves, but I think especially in this forum
it's important to try to be as constructive as possible.

I think labeling styles of people is more than *SO AUGUST 18th* (that
made me laugh!), it's juvenile. Besides that, "twee" is pretty much
meaningless here in the States, so that label could have a completely
different connotation to people who live in a culture where the word
is used. There are a lot of us here from different cultures, so
before anyone gets too carried away about things like that, try to
remember that the world seems small on Sinister. We have a lot in
common, but each culture might interperet something we think as
innocent or joking in a different way. I think Mark's plea for
sensitivity is a good idea (but that means you, too, Markleby!)

Speaking of style, everyone has a different style of communication.
Some of us are brash.  Some of us are lame. Some of us are
overly-sensitive. Some of us are poetic. Some of us are
straight-forward. Some of us are lurkers. I would like to think that
everybody loves me, but I know that my posts probably irritate some
of you.  Some of the things I read irritate me, too.  I try to ignore
the things I don't like. But it's good to disagree; this world would
be so boring without some dissention. But I think picking Sinister
battles more carefully would be a good idea.  I'd rather argue about
which version of the DCW cover is best, or whether to refer to it as
DICKWIPE or DICKSWAY, rather than reading who is going to shove what
up where or what when who and to what extent "twee" is. It's such an
abstract concept to get so upset over! Furthermore, Mark apologised
and I think it's time to move on.

In closing, I'd just like to say that I am glad to be connected to
all of you (except for BEN APPS who stinks and KEN CHU, he's a twat!)

love,
Rachel fruitloop-Apps