Sinister: I'm Feeling CAPITAL

pugmunch at xxx.com pugmunch at xxx.com
Fri Aug 29 16:49:11 BST 2003

Ah, Sinister!

Hello all, from the blistering deserts of Arizona!  Actually, that's an outright lie; it's only 94 right now, ironically.  But nevermind that!  I'm crawling out of lurkerdom to contribute to the Reporting Back Bonanza!

I sided with the LA Contingent this time round, but I should've known better than to DRIVE to/in LA.  Really.  There was a nearly disastrous pedestrian incident just outside my hotel. YOU try making a left-hand turn while singing along to Le Pastie; it's quite distracting! Particularly on Concert Day, which indeed, it was.  As the Llew would say:  le sigh.  The conclusion I've reached is that all pedestrians in the general LA area should wear reflective clothing; black is just a bad idea, aside from the fact that it's SO **20th June 2002**.

APPARANTLY the picnic was a grand success!  Sadly, I couldn't seem to find it, which is all the more tragic as I'd brought a CAKE, with SINISTER written all over it.  Literally!  It seems to me that no Sinister Picnic is complete without a CAKE, a la A Century of Fakers.  Alas, it wasn't to be.  What WAS meant to be was the Grand Ticket Exchange engineered by none other than our very own....(drum roll) Shawn and Emily!  You might remember them by the esteemed title, "the dynamic duo."

Consider this the official SHOUT OUT to Shawn and Emily, clearly two of the loveliest people on the continent!  These clever folks, for *some* reason, seemed to take a liking to me, and helped maneuver me AND my friend Sam to an altogether MUCH CLOSER SECTION than I was originally in.  I love them.  I really do.

Other folks have talked about the LA show already, so I won't repeat them, except to add an enthusiastic "RAWK IT," (which I'm convinced will be the next popular exclamatory statement, embraced by hipsters and young people the world round).  I'd no idea that the esteemed Mr. Jackson could WAIL on the harmonica such as he did!  Yes, yes, I own Storytelling, but my contention is that studio and stage are two completely separate entities; of course, I'm no musician.  I've got a stringless guitar sitting in the corner of my room at the moment, and every once in a while I sit and chew my nail whilst trying to devise a plan to remedy that situation.  I think that's sufficient proof.  Ah, well.  I'll have to stick with "professional appreciator" I suppose.

Much SINI love,
Shannon

p.s.  I almost took a page from Mr. Chu's book and titled this post "Riding on LA busses is SAD," but as his reputation seems to be on the decline, I thought I'd avoid any unintentional association.  To save myself, of course.