Sinister: out of the nursery and into the fire

leyda campbell sexychickswithheadwounds at xxx.com
Tue Dec 2 16:11:57 GMT 2003

hello loves!!  so nice to finally have a voice.  its felt like an eternity
waiting to get my ok to play.  but here i am and i am so happy so let me
tell you a story.....

i just broke up with a no good boyfriend who disliked B&S and all things
twee (why i was with him i'm not quite sure) and was having a great time as
a single gal.  i had forgoton how nice it was to have loads of free time
with out answering questions or divulging motives.  he, the ex we shall call
dull paul, was always asking me a million questions about everything and
never let me alone for a moment.

so on the 5th of december, newly free and happy, i went to see belle and
sebastian.  it was wonderful.  i danced and had a few cocktails and i was
having so much fun and then out of the corner of my eye i saw him, dull paul
chatting up some indie girl.  grrrr....

i went undercover, and moved towards him at the bar keeping out of site
which was easy because im small and it was dark.  and i listened to him tell
this poor, unsuspecting girl what a fan he was of B&S.  surley i had heard
wrong!!  but no, as i stood there groaning whilst 'the state i am in'
hummned in the background, he proceded to tell her his favorite B&S song,
(judy and the dream of horses, he said.  thats my favorite!!  bastard...)
how he was so into the new album and on and on.

and then i laughed.  loud and drunk and happy.  i laughed at him.  at the
absurdity of the situation.  was he trying to make me jelous by trying to
pull at the show??  who knows.  but when i laughed he saw me and turned
bright pink.  i smiled and gave a little wave, and skipped off with my
cocktail just as the opening of 'slow graffiti' began, leaving him feeling
like quite the fool.

does life get any better than this???

without regard for anything,

young*swan