Sinister: WHO IN THIS BEEYOTCH IS GOING TO SEE THE BAND ON THURSDAY?

Hewitt, Stephen S.Hewitt at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 3 10:31:56 GMT 2003

ello babies

So, anyway, I'm going on Thursday to the Astoria, having failed to engage my
ass into the appropriate gear to get a Friday ticket (when all the cool kids
are going and will be doing karaoke apparently, don't turn up late and miss
david moore doing his rendition of band of gold!), I seem to be attending
tomorrow evening instead, but is anyone else, or is it going to be like
going round to the band's house (they do all still live in one house, don't
they?) and being made to make cups of tea for them all and then having to do
the washing up?  Anyway, if you are, let me know, or alternatively, I'll
probably just ensconce myself in the angel in st giles
(http://www.fancyapint.com/thepubs/pub502.htm) from about 5, so come and
find me innit.

If short is the new long, then I don't wanna be short, so now for a lot of
out of date waffle.

La hodottir said (a month ago)

LOOK BARRY LASAGNE ON THE TELLY, blah blah AFC blah blah

If only it'd been our Stu joining the team, the whole thing would have been
wonderfully complete.

Of course, the only problem with this is mentioning Stuart Murdoch to AFC
Wimblebum fans makes them think of only one man, the manager of franchise
FC, who is also called stuart murdoch, small world and all that...

Llllllllleweth organised the xmas present exchange, well done her, I've been
having a little difficulty getting the very wriggly boy to sit still long
enough to get the chocolate to set though, oh well there's always the
ether...

I missed stevie and richard on the telly because I don't watch telly in the
morning, and if I did I wouldn't watch ri:se (haha, "su:nk" more like,
doyouseewhatididthere?)

I see CHU is claiming to be some sort of "rocker".   Ha! Bet he didn't see
the darkness a year and a half ago when they had NOWT like what I did.  Well
I say "see".  Actually I was stood in the bar bit of the bull and gate going
"what the EFF is going on in the back room, it sounds very silly", but hey,
it's something to tell the grandkids innit...  Also I bet he isn't going to
see THIS IS SPINAL TAP on the big screen at the NFT after wobs like what I
am.

Also is richard linklater a b&s fan?  Why else call your film "school of
rock", rather than "rock school"??

Also also when I went to see the darkness last month, about half way through
I turned to mrs carsmile and said "isn't it odd that my two favourite bands
both want to be thin lizzy!"

Also also also I have changed my mind about DCW (song).  In fact, it sounds
like deram era dame david bowie rather than MLS (sorry about that by the way
asm).  DCW (the album) is certainly growing on me (growing on
yoooooooooouuuuuuuuuu), although it perhaps tails off a bit after LA.

THINGS I HAVEN'T NOTICED OTHER PEOPLE MENTIONING ABOUT DCW (although they
might of)

1. how many songs sound like other belle and sebastian songs, eg. Wrapped up
in books = string bean jean, piazza, new york catcher = belle and sebastian,
slow bit near the end of stay loose = chalet lines.

2. how much struan sounds like nico on the bit in DCW (the song), where he
rhymes town with clown, just as she did on femme fatale

3. how much the guitar on wrapped up in books sounds like paperback writer
(doyouseewhattheydidthere?)

4. how nice it is when stevie turns up on WUIB, "yay, it's stevie!" I
thought to myself (I was on the bus, listening through headphones, so it
seemed out of place to shout it)

5. how the brass bits on I'm a cuckoo really fill it out compared to the
live versions we heard last year

6. how there are two good "substitute the proper words for rude words" bits
(cf "swing my cock around", "the centre of my so-called penis" etc) in stay
loose, but I can't remember them at the moment and I don't think my office
want to listen to it.  Oh, hold on the lyrics are on the website, silly me.
Try replacing the word bed with head and past with arse the next time you're
singing along, eh kids.

7. how fucking trite the last verse of if you find yourself caught in love
is.  I'm saying stuart can write a real proper anti-war protest song that
would be aces, so why does he try and stick in what we used to call in the
80s "a bit of politics" into the end of this featherweight godbothering
nonsense?????  It just makes him sound like travis or summat...

What has amused me recently is if you put the phrase belle and sebastian
songs into google and click "I'm feeling lucky" you get here:

http://www.geocities.com/carsmilesteve/allmusicisintrinsicallylinked.htm

Hurray for me!  Also, I need to update this page with all the new album
soundalikeys, so if ppl can mail me with any good ones, that'd be sooooper.

Right, that's my load shot for another two months (Reporting Back not
included).

xoxo
CarsmileSteve