Sinister: I sent this already but it got lost. you might get it twice please don't hate me

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Thu Dec 4 09:36:09 GMT 2003

Lou said:

<< i always
think i know something about music until i get
involved in one of said conversations, and then i
realize i actually know more about wham! than, say,
the evolution of punk rock or something. and it's
always a particular nuisance with boys. sorry guys.
but it's true.

anyway, i'm mad at all you boys today as it is. >>

I've never made someone's knowledge of music a top priority, especially as I
don't really know much about it myself. I've always thought it was more of a
Sinister thing to fall in love with mousey-haired librarians or
shiny-buttoned bus conductors, anyway. Your ideal man is more likely to have
45's of British Birdsong in his record collection than rock music.

In any case, my key to successful dating has always been to go up to the
girl in the laundrette with the determined chin and to tell her that I'm in
the Secret Service, on a top secret mission, and she has to accompany me to
the Co-Op for a cheese sandwich as a matter of National Security. Usually
this results in the girl saying "lumee", or possibly "lord love a duck", and
romance soon blossoms. It never fails.

Carsmile atoned for his sins:

<< Also also also I have changed my mind about DCW (song).  In fact, it
sounds
like deram era dame david bowie rather than MLS (sorry about that by the way
asm). >>

Then said (in his spot-on list of 7):

<<2. how much struan sounds like nico on the bit in DCW (the song), where
he rhymes town with clown, just as she did on femme fatale

I'm convinced that the wondrous and obscure Desperation Made a Fool of Me
sounds like a Velvet Underground song, but I can't for the life of me work
out which one. So there's one for allmusicisintrinsicallylinked, if anyone
knows.

Steve, no one is going on Thursday, not even Belle and Sebastian. They're
going to substitute themselves with robots, who have been carefully
programmed in how to lisp and play their guitars like pansies, but will no
doubt break their programming, as robots always do, and start playing bad
Kraftwerk covers instead. Make sure you wear your robotproof hat.

I'm currently having a deep personal crisis over whether to sing Yes Sir, I
Can Boogie for karaoke on Friday. Part of me really really wants to do it,
but another part of me knows that it will probably be the worst mistake of
my life. I have been practicing in front of the bathroom mirror with a
toothbrush, just in case. I suppose it depends on how drunk I am. So, if you
want some top-class entertainment, you're quite welcome to buy me drinks.

robin x