Sinister: this saturday

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Thu Dec 4 10:52:10 GMT 2003

Hello Sinister,

Well, the time's come. Off to see The Group play tonight and tomorrow night.
It'll be strange. I haven't seen them for such a long time - Glasto last
year? am I forgetting one? - that I know I'll need Friday as well. It's hard
to explain, but I'm starting to remember what a B&S gig is like. Thinking
'oh, you know, I'm going to see a band that might play Lazy Line Painter
Jane. I'd like that.' It's a funny business. I guess I'm trying to say I'm
looking forward to it.

We've decided to do another HDIF in Brixton, as the last one was so much
fun. If you're travelling to London for B&S on Friday, please make a weekend
of it with us the night after.

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Saturday Dec 6th
Canterbury Arms
8 Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, London
9pm-2am, £3

Playlist:
The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle &
Sebastian * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange Juice *
Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The Shangri-Las *
Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * The Stone Roses * Dexys
Midnight Runners * The Four Tops * Dolly Parton * The Orchids

Guest DJ Fruitbat (Abdoujaparov/Carter USM) will be playing a one-off
melodic punk set. From 10.30-12.00, we'll be relaxing the usual "no punk"
rule at HDIF for a set of songs that inspired Morrissey and many other indie
heroes. Expect the likes of Buzzcocks, New York Dolls, Undertones, Wire,
Ramones, Magazine, etc, etc. Then it'll be back to normal service again at
midnight.

http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk