Sinister: I'm a chaffinch

Stuart Gardiner stugardiner at xxx.com
Thu Dec 4 13:03:52 GMT 2003

OK, last night was crap.

Not the band, obviously. B&S were the most professional I've seen them (and
it's something like my tweflth time now). Slick as you like. Whether this is
a good thing or not depends of course on whether you used to think they were
amateur or spontaneous, but hey. Great playing, great light show, audible
for a change, and Stuart only forgot the words twice all night. I have to
say though, Stevie And Stuart's acting before they played their cover of "I
could be so good for you" was terrible...

Not the support band, either. Well actually, I thought they were a load of
pretentious rubbish, but never mind, each to their own.

No, what was crap last night was the audience. I know London gigs never get
as lively or as much atmosphere as gigs anywhere else. But it was a great
gig, great setlist, and hardly anybody was dancing! Seriously, when they
played I'm A Cuckoo, or Expectations, or pretty much any of the songs
really, you could count on one hand the number of people who were moving.
Hardly anyone even seemed to join in with the handclaps on Women's Realm. So
come on, Londoners, you can do better than that.

DANCE YOU FCKERS!!!

I think tonight I'm going to have to go nearer the front to show them how
it's done...

Right, see you in the pub beforehand for the motivational teamtalk...

Big Stu