Sinister: Reporting back - Sheffield gig

Heather Swinsco bolshyfeminist at xxx.com
Thu Dec 4 13:42:44 GMT 2003

Hello Sinister,

It’s been a while since my first post, and then I was too shy to post on my
own, so it was a joint post with Amy (‘daisychain’). A lot’s happened since
my last post, but I’ve ended up back in Sheffield now (just in time for the
gig) trying to while away a year before starting uni in October. So I
thought I’d report back. I’m afraid I don’t have a set list for you, so
sorry about that. It was my first B&S gig, so I was obviously highly excited
(in a dancing round the room singing Lazy Line Painter Jane kinda way). B&S
didn’t disappoint either. I half feared that they might concentrate on their
new songs (not that I dislike them, but their older stuff just conjures up
so many more emotions), but they came through with songs like Photo Jenny (a
favourite of mine), Expectations, Judy And The Dream of Horses, Dog On
Wheels, I’m Waking Up To Us and many others which will no doubt come to me
after I’ve posted this. It was a pity that Lord Anthony wasn’t among the new
stuff that they played, because that really strikes a chord with me. It was
also frustrating that I couldn’t dance because I could only book seats in
the balcony area by the time I realised that I’d be back in Sheffield for
the gig. Ah well, got to make a fool of myself by jigging around on my seat
a bit and was able to watch Stevie dancing on stage. Awe. He’s so sweet when
he dances.

A big thanks to Offbeat for a great after gig party. Stuart and Stevie
actually turned up and one of the girls I was with got to dance with Stuart!
And the DJs played Eighties Fan and The Day That Thatcher Dies – a couple of
my favourite non B&S songs. Yay. The Sinister folk I went with were very
welcoming, which means a lot to me, so thanks.

Anyway, I’d better go now and stop boring you with my ramblings. I’m off to
the Edinburgh gig as well, so I might see some of you there. We really have
to do something after the show…

Bye,
Heather