Sinister: I'm A Pigeon

Stuart Gardiner stugardiner at xxx.com
Mon Dec 8 20:52:32 GMT 2003

OK, let's see if this message gets through (my one on Friday seems to have
gone out to the list, but isn't in the archives - strange...)

Anyway, time for a bit more Reporting Back from Friday night. Some
randomly-ordered thoughts:

1. Another great gig, good sound, good playing, good setlist, good venue.
Finally, B&S can pull it all together. Shame about the curfew which meant
there wasn't time for an encore, but that wasn't their fault.

2. London beer is waaaaaay too expensive.

3. Sadly, no repeat of Thursday night's balloon modelling by the drum tech
halfway through the gig.

4. Still not huge numbers of people dancing, but a few more than the
previous nights. Then I realised looking around the auditorium - all the
people dancing seemed to be Sinister. Be proud - WE ROOLED.

5. I would list all the current and former sinisterines I saw there, but
it'd take for ever. Hello to you all.

6. The Spanish bar is too small.

7. The aftershow was eventually fun. Initially I walked in and didn't think
I knew anyone. Then a few beers later I realised everyone was hiding in
various corners of the room. Cue two or three hours chatting to
sinisterines, band members, management, random people I've never met before
and don't know who the hell they were, and various others.

8. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the after-aftershow party party,
because I had to go back to my mate's house where I was staying, and wake
him up at 3am to let me in. Thankfully he's very forgiving...

9. I reckon over the last five days in London I've consumed well over a
hundred units of alcohol. That can't be good for you.

10. The version of Sleep The Clock Around wasn't, isn't and never will be
anywhere near as good as the live version. Time to dance like no-one's
watching...

Oh yeah, I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet; the next single will
be I'm A Cuckoo (hooray!), with B-Sides Travelling Light and Passion Fruit
plus one or two others, and will be out on February 16th.

Or at least, that's the plan at the moment, I'm sure they'll announce it
formally when it's confirmed. And since it is (in my opinion at least) a
much better and more radio friendly song than the Good Vibrations rip-off,
it should do a lot better in the charts than number 32 (which the band were
disappointed with, but the record company were mysteriously pleased about).

Right, enjoy the rest of the tour you lucky people, I wish I could join you.
In the meantime, I'll lurk for a few months, and look forward to maybe
Glastonbury...

Big Stu