Sinister: IKEA, mixtapes and snow: reflections by a Swede.

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Tue Dec 9 09:05:04 GMT 2003

Dearest Sinisterettes,

   So, seems like about 90% of you have been seeing the lovely Belles live in the
last couple of, er, weeks? My memory is bad, but I've read a lot of reporting
back posts about lack of dancing, parties, setlists and singles. Very nice
indeed, so thank you.

  When Sarah and Stevie were here in October, they told me they'd come here to
tour next spring, I hope that it's true. I'm not saying that they were lying, I'm
just saying that maybe it won't pull through.

  The, by far, best thing to call someone ever: Shitehawk. I don't know why, but
it strikes me as incredibly funny and a VERY strange combination of words. Maybe
it's some sort of crude way that's only funny if you're British or something, but
what the hell. Also, it was Fred Durst who was being called a Shitehawk. Just for
being really crap in general. Haha. I hate Fred Durst. He looks like a fish and
is responsible for the likes of Linkin' Park. Hrrrrr.

   Last night, I went to IKEA with my mum and my sister. I know I'm Swedish and
IKEA is typically Swedish, but, really, I love it. My very funny grandmother
calls it hell on earth due to huge amounts of people, often with small children,
with their trollies, trying to push their way through the crowds, i.e. knocking
all the things you're carrying out of your hands and then grunt dissapprovingly
at you for dropping your things.
   Sure, that can happen. Mostly, though, a lot of cute babies, ecstatic over
fluffy toys and weird things that are modern and assymetric and will teach them
something, um.

   And we bought stuff. A lot of stuff. Hehehe. Personally, I bought a carpet,
two plants (big step for me, formerly known as The Plant Killer, known to kill
all plants (cactuses included) but know Responsible and Realizing The Value Of
Plants) and, er, 22-singlepacked Twix. Oh shut it. It was like, £2. How could I
help myself?´
   I then got home, and re-arranged things and cleaned up while listening to this
great show on the radio, on once a week, called P3 Pop and I got to listen to an
interview and lots of songs by this British guy called Patrick Wolf, he was
amazing. Ah. It's always nice to hear something new.

  It's sort of snowy here now. Well, snow, but semi-melted snow. It's icy too
(boo!) but the snow is sort of nice. It's very Christmas-y. Ah.

  I managed to get my Sinister Pressies out in time! YAY! YAY! YAY! I did it!
I am trying to change you see. Some kind of pre-new year-revelation. I have to be
a better person, for I am indeed living a bad life. Not bad as in a dangerous
life, but not good for me in the long run I guess. So. I'm cleaning. I'm trying
to do my work in time and not act as though I am Ruler of Procrastination Land. I
send off things in time. I make lists of things to buy.

  I'm finally recording the demo as well, it keeps me up at night sometimes, just
thinking how marvellous to have something of my own, that is completely there
because of me, that I created. It's so strange. There's been talking about
recording with Pelle, Amanda's dad, since last fall, but this time I know we're
going to do this. We palyed sort of a mini-gig to him and he got all enthusiastic
so it should go well. And it's good, because the songs I wrote a year ago were
crap.

   Finally. I saw birds flying in circles for about a minute, just zooming around
for the fun of it with the sunrise as a background. I don't know why but it puta
smile on my face. They were just flying around, happy. And there goes the cliché
about how free they are. Maybe one of them was a dictator/fascist type of bird
and was forcing the other birds, maybe the slackerette teens, to zoom around for
excercise.

  You never do know, do you? Ah well. I have to get my Swedish class now. It's
not that much fun because we've just started reading Candide by Rousseau and it's
doesn't seem like a lot of fun. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact.

  Christmas is a-coming! I say Hurrah to every season where you can decorate with
reindeers.

Take care,
luv
Astrid x

Who would you rather be - Ted Danson or Kevin Costner?

Fab: Who the fuck is Ted Dancer?

Ted Danson.

Fab: Oh, Danson.

Nick: I think Ted Danson wears a toupee.
For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.