Sinister: baby, i would like to go out tonight..

ian hobart at xxx.uk
Sat Dec 13 14:16:37 GMT 2003

quick report back:

b&s in LONDON= GRATE - as much for the crowd as anything else... struan has
the air of a man who knows he can turn up, do ANYTHING and receive an
adoring response.  for the first half of the gig, he appeared to coast on
that.  sarah (ooh, she's soooo lovely, in a nonsex way of course, i want to
take her home and give her cups of tea), stevie, mick and The Rest all
appeared to be trying, but struan looked like he didn't really want to be
there.  towards the end, though, he seemed to decide that he might as well
make an effort.  when he did, it was great.
stuart murdoch has, apparently, now reached the stage where he can WALK on
his fans.  at one point he stepped out into the crowd, and people were
inviting him to step on them.  personally, i would like to think i'd have
declined to make the offer.  there's only so far that hero worship goes.
the people at the front seemed to enjoy it, though.
they're getting more RAWK every day, this band.
also, i should mention that two of our number SUPPORTED b&s.  stefano
santabarbara and liz daplyn both put in lovely turns as kylie and deborah
harry, respectively.  disappointingly, the judges saw fit to award medals to
some other shysters who turned up and performed.  i think our kidz were
ROBBED.

chickfactor ball - half-assed report back.... jennifer o'connor played the
guitar.  it was nice.  the pines were very good.  there was a jazz-ish band
that got on my nerves, and so i went and stood in the back bit and talked to
some of YOU LOT.  some of you looked very, very glam indeed.  i won't
mention any names, as i know how shy and retiring you are, but you KNOW WHO
YOU ARE..
also, stephen tin tin duffy and the lilac time were supposed to play.
actually, it was stephen and one other man.  perhaps i read the flyer wrong
and he was lilac tim.  he didn't look very purple-pink, though.  more a
faded sort of rose..

there....  youn, i can't follow your lovely post with a better response as i
should have left the house.  i've got to get to london before the sun goes
down.

actually, i haven't, it just sounded kind of like a song lyric.  i've
actually got to get there in normal people's time, rather than ian-time.

and i'm leaving the house BECAUSE OF THIS:

forgive me, i had meant to put this in the middle of a lovely long e-mail
about flying pygmies, dancing girls, scantily-clad boys, beautiful tunes and
open-topped cars.

instead, i'm just going to do it, and i know its a bit naughty..

come to TIGERMILKING tonight.  in LONDON.  yes, i know its short notice.
yes, i know most of the list doesn't live in london.  YES, i know where the
summer goes - but i'm not going to tell you.  (phew...does that count as b&s
content?)

you're probably asking...why why why BUT WHY SHOULD I?  here are some lovely
reasons:

its nearly christmas
its STEFANO'S BIRTHDAY
i have it on good authority that lovely songs by the likes of the aislers
set, camera obscura, saint etienne and BELLE AND SEBASTIAN (see, more
content) will be played.  and there will be lovely dancing, and average
beer.
i want to SEE YOU, COS I LOVE YOU.  well, not all of you.  but most of you.

oh, some directions would be useful, wouldn't they?

look HERE:

http://www.undermybed.org/tigermilking/

or come to the betsy trotwood in farringdon TONITE.  there will be people in
the pub from 7 onwards.  actually, there will probably be people in the pub
all day, just not people you know. but go, meet them anyway, talk, laugh,
enjoy the spontaneity of life, and then leave them when people you actually
know arrive.

come come come, enjoy, milk, shower, cheer, dance, glut, spit, wank, tit,
fuck -
no STOPIT, IAN.  you're supposed to be NICE these days..

just come and dance, and have a nice time.

yeah!

yeah!

yeah!

yeah!