Sinister: just another fading image on the horizon...

Kevin Holzer uberelite at xxx.net
Wed Dec 17 07:51:49 GMT 2003

As I was sitting in the local cafe with all of the hipsters I know, I
got to thinking about life.  I'm not going to bore you all with what I
thought, but I tell you, I just don't know.  A girl I once liked that
was into Belle and Sebastian came into the coffeshop and got some
coffee, sat inside and sipped away, chattering with her pretentious
friends.  What a bunch of phonies.  They are all into music if it is
underground, regardless of whether they like it or not, and the same is
true about popular or even semi-popular (modern) music, except that
instead of liking it, they automatically dislike it..  She walks around
with her scarf on and her hair dyed, wearing her hipster clothes and
trying so hard to be cool...but I see through her disguise.  I never
even really met her, she was just in one of my classes, but no matter.
I dont want to know her.  So I sip my coffee, and play my guitar.  I'll
draw a picture or read a book.  Chat about philosophy or literature.
Whenever I feel lonely, I'll take a walk and in a minute or two I'll be
out on the shore, watching the waves roll in, so violent and yet so
peaceful.  I'll smell the salt in the air and feel the cool autumn
breeze.  I'll hum a familiar tune and look up at the cloud filled sky; I
wonder to myself if it's worth it.  Then I think to myself again about
the past few minutes, the time spent growing, and everything and I
realize it is all worth it.  So I walk back to the cafe and sip some
more coffee, light up a cigarette, and get into a conversation with
someone about a book I had read a long time ago.

           lots of love as always,
               -Kevin

P.S.  I hope all of you dont mind me using this place as a spot to send
these little messages, they make me feel as if I have a chance to share
something very personal with all of you.  I could talk about music, but
everyone does that.