Sinister: playing catchup

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Sun Dec 21 22:18:48 GMT 2003

hello Sinister!

I sent you a mail last week but I think it disappeared into the ether, so
you never got to read me talking about how I had been in London and met some
subscribers to this list, or that I was going to be attending a concert
featuring the fab Estel, WARLORDS OF PEZ, and The Chalets (with some Cork
band) yesterday.

As it happened, this concert turned out to be completely G*R*A*T*E, and not
just because it coincided with a meetup of the DUBLIN SINISTER POSSE (all
three of us, only two of whom live in Dublin). What made it actually
toptastic was the music - Estel really throwing down a credible claim for
the crown of Dublin's best band, The Chalets causing me to renounce my
flirtations with Chalets apostasy by further rockifying their sound and
unveiling a load of new songs that made this gig not just like every other
ones of theirs I've been to, and the band from Cork (Stanley Super 800)
being an amiable bunch of dueling-banjos meets hard rock merchants.

The best thing was probably the WARLORDS OF PEZ. These invaders from another
dimension performed a rock opera about how Baby John Candy had been left
home alone for Christmas and ended up being kidnapped and cruelly used by
Phallotron and the Evil Transformers. There was something for all the family
in this heartwarming tale.

I also met someone from Australia who thought I was a character from Viz
comic.

Moving along I must apologise to all the people waiting for Christmas
presents from me. They will be in the post before Christmas, I promise.

later!

DV