Sinister: Frolicks

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Sat Feb 1 00:44:19 GMT 2003

Hello Sinister

I got up deliberately early this morning and drove about 20 miles away from
York into the dales to go sledging. I haven’t had that much fun for quite a
while. Indeed, this white carpet which seems to have engulfed the country
over the last couple of days has put a permanent smile on my face; there’s
definitely something about the crunch under foot, numb ears and the feel of
a snowball walloping you in the back of the head that just puts a grin on my
face.

Some random slanted field in the middle of nowhere was our playground this
morning. When we arrived there was about 6 inches of absolutely untouched
fine alpine snow. We soon changed that. As we parked the car, somebody
described the show as “pure”, but I didn’t dare refer to B&S. We frolicked
until we froze, and my shoes are still wet now. As the snow continues to
fall, plans are afoot to do the same tomorrow.

I thought I was Going To Be Ill as I wrote my last post, but the cold that
was threatening to strike me down never quite came to fruition (though I
suspect my child-like enthusiasm for the current weather won’t do me much
good). So on Wednesday I went down to London to film my Fifteen-to-One show.
All you really need to know is that I will be On The Telly on 20th February,
at 3:45pm on C4. If you’ve ever wanted to know what I look like, I’m number
five. And that badge on my jumper? Yes, you’re right.

The Book Group, which I hyped so recklessly in my last post, failed to
impress last Friday. I’m sorry for the bum tip. Trust me, the first series,
and even tonight’s episode was better than last week’s. I shall persevere.

Love,

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but
      he certainly has a good vocabulary"