Sinister: Fee Fi Fo Fum, look out baby here I come

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Mon Feb 3 12:16:25 GMT 2003

**********

Here, look at this one.  See my boots?  They were new that day.  I’d never
had a pair of fiendish-pointy, knee-high, stiletto boots before and I was
all excited, so I had to wear them straight away.  What I didn’t realise
was that between leaving my flat and returning from the pub, it was going
to snow quite that much.  That’s the reason I’m hanging on to Ally for
dear life.  Very pathetic, but I didn’t think I was going to make it from
the car to the front step without assistance.  If you look closely, you
can see Rich in the driver’s seat.  I think he’s smirking.

**********

Dear Sinister,

It’s been a while.  I’ve been in Glasgow a year.  Can you believe it? I’m
not sure I can.  My grandparents are still asking how long I think I’ll
stay here for before returning to the fond embrace of the South East.
They haven’t got the message yet.

I have a proper job, one that I really like.  Years of unhappy employment
have taught me this is a rare thing, so I’m making the most of it.  My
office has a big window across one side of it, looking north across the
hills.  The sun is shining on the snowy fields and it’s beautiful, like a
Christmas card.  Really.  We’ve had to turn the lights off because there
was such a dazzle coming from outside.  I run into Stacey in the refectory
now and again.  People are friendly.  Somebody gave me a penguin this
morning (a chocolate one).  These Good Things and many more conspire to
make life just peachy at the moment.

**********

Here’s another.  Oh dear, our faces are a bit pink, aren’t they?  Yes, we
had been drinking.  That’s Lara on the left.  She’s Irish.  In the middle
you might recognise Kirsten from Wisconsin, and I'm the one on the left.
Three furrin girls in the West Highlands for Hogmanay.  The reason we’re
applauding ourselves is that we’ve just done a fairly successful
impression of the Temptations by spinning round unison.  It took a bit of
practice, but luckily the photographer didn’t capture anyone falling over
or bumping into things.  That time we got it right.

**********

It’s the Winchester Club again this Friday.  Can you come?  Oh, go on, do!
 Sons & Daughters were meant to be playing, but had to pull out at the
last minute, but they say they’ll play for us soon, so we’re not cross.
Besides, we’re having a DJ Spectacular instead!  Five DJs with an hour
each to make you move your dancing feet.  Check out our website for more
info.

http://www.geocities.com/the_winchester_club

See you soon (I hope)

Juicy Lucy

ps. I want the Chalets to play at the Winchester Club!

=====
The one, the only Glasgow Indie List!