Sinister: silver friends

Helen McLean helen at xxx.com
Tue Feb 4 07:00:40 GMT 2003

2nd February, late Sunday night..

Look, thats me on the left of the couch, with two boys sitting on the right.
We're all watching a movie, you can't quite see what it is, but its in black
and white so the glow from the telly is a little different than usual. Both
of them are tapping their feet and hands to the soundtrack only slightly,
but they don't realise it. I do though, and my attention is distracted and I
smile to myself as I glance in their direction. They are new friends, and I
am thinking to myself that I am glad I met them here, in this new place. But
I also think of old far away friends at the same time. And one friend in
particular. We haven't talked or written or emailed in a week and I suddenly
realise that this is the longest time for the three and a half years we've
known each other that we haven't been in contact. 'If he was here, he would
be tapping his feet too' I think.

*******

Now just a short note.. including some San Fran list abuse...

Yes I'm back. In a new place, now. Moving on your own to a new city in which
you know no-one is an odd experience. But it has been a good one so far. Its
kind of liberating actually, and I have surprised myself most of all with my
own confidence. Meeting people is easy, especially when you have a novel
accent.

Speaking of meeting people.....calling all San Francisco listees.... do you
want to meet up mid-february when I will be in your delightful city??
Mail me off list if you do.. and I promise I will bring you presents.
Honest. But let me tell you that you may have alot to live up to as in my
limited experience of meeting sinister people I have never met a sinister I
didn't like :) Awww, you guys...

Helen xx