Sinister: its music moves, as if always back to a first love

Genevieve Wesley jiffy_popper at xxx.com
Tue Feb 4 14:33:16 GMT 2003

(couldn't send these last night, so am a day late...tsk) click!

monday morning, 3 February 2003

While at the sink in the kitchen, I look out to see that skinny black cat
staring at me through the window. Poor neglected thing! His head is too big
for his scroungy body. I've nicknamed him Fang, due to his lower gnarled
tooth. He sees that I see him and lifts his head in acknowledgement. I go
outside, still in slippers and pyjamas, careful not to lock myself out (it
is still cold after all) and give Fang some food. I bring water too, which
he probably doesn't want. It is not as cold as it has been. Even though it
is still ages away, I can feel a hint of spring in the air.

sometime in the summer, 2002

Walking in Edinburgh down some particularly lovely street with Honey, Linda,
Oon and Keith. No cars can use this street and all the houses are beautiful,
with front gardens full of beautiful flowers, fragrant in the early evening
sunshine. Slightly drunk, and it is summer, and I am abroad! Indulging in
fantasy that when I am a wealthy and successful something or other I will
live in one of these houses, and always have friends over, like some artsy
commune. We will have freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast and stroll
about the garden, arms linked.

later summer, 2002

Sitting on a sofa with Ally, Lucy and Dave. Have finished ice cream and my
cheeks are flushed because I keep making myself irn-bru and vodka drink.
There is some low-budget Northern Soul video on with a man and a
technicolour changing coat, "special" effects. Lucy is trying to do an updo
in my hair, fastened with a pencil, but it just isn't sticking! Feeling cozy
and happy. Apparently if you are looking at someone's lips that means you
want to snog them. I try to avoid looking at lips, which is near impossible.