Sinister: Reporters Knocked Back/Be Their Valentine

David Moore david_moore at xxx.uk
Sun Feb 9 00:10:12 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I felt better about not having got my own act together in sufficient time to
submit an application for one of the Reporter jobs when I saw the quality of
the ones rejected: Peter's one here
http://www.banchory.net/belleandsebastian/reporters.html  had me spluttering
tea all over my computer screen at work yesterday afternoon. Good thing for
Big Stu that Isobel's left the band now, that'll save him any embarrassment
over that old asthmatic gerbil stuff.

Over on the other side, in the death throes of the Bowlie Board, people are
trying to sort out the lyrics to this song:

If You Find Yourself Caught In Love

If you find yourself caught in love
Say a prayer to the Man above
Thank Him for everything you know
You should thank Him for every breath you blow.

If you find yourself caught in love
Say a prayer to the Man above
Thank him for every day you pass
You should thank Him for saving your sorry ass.

If you're single, but looking out
You must raise your prayer to a shout

Another partner must be found
Someone to take your life beyond
Another TV “I Love 1999”
Another box of rosé wine

If you find yourself caught in love
Say a prayer to the Man above
If you don't listen to the voices
Then, my friend, you'll soon run out of choices

What a pity it would be
Oh you talk of freedom don't you see
The only freedom that you'll ever really know
Is written in books from long ago

Give up your word to Him but
don't you? things will change
I'm not saying overnight but
Something has to change
You're too good looking not to live

If you find yourself out of love
Shed a tear for the one you love
Tell your boss that you've gone away
Down your tools for a holiday but,

If you're going off to war
Then I wish you well, but don't be sore
If I cheer the other team
Cos killing people's not my scene

And please would you give the inhabitants a say
before you blow the town away
Oh I like to watch them? be?
I like to marvel at the
Random beauty of a simple village girl
Why should she be the one who's killed?

If you find yourself caught in love....

Any help in resolving the ?'s would be appreciated, thanks.

This afternoon I participated in an argument as to whether this gig would be
oversubscribed or not:

A Valentine's Day special featuring Camera Obscura & The Ladybug Transistor,
Friday 14th February, Hyndland Church Hall, Novar Drive, Hyndland (just off
Hyndland Road along from Clarence Drive), Glasgow. (Scene of their first
ever gig, according to the big man. I never realised until today that the
Bowlie Festival was only their second, wow!) Only a fiver to get in, doors @
8.30 p.m.

What do you reckon, will the Hall be packed?

Love,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK