Sinister: Y'a une fille qu'habite chez moi

elenita 99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Wed Feb 12 12:45:45 GMT 2003

Hello there,

It has been a while. Xmas came and went*, and it is almost 2 months in the
new year. My God, time flies.

Well actually it hasn't exactly be flying at work these days; it has been
pretty slow actually. So slow and so depressing I had to take a day off last
week, just to do nothing. I did nothing very well, the day including
sleeping, a visit to the hairdresser, a visit to the cinema, and more
sleeping. How good sleeping can get? I still don't know even with lots of
practice.

I went to London recently for the weekend; it was lovely, with this "good to
be back home" feeling you have when you get back to places you have been
loving and living in. I will not make a list of all the people who offered
me time, drinks, interest and pleasant conversation, but thanks to all of
you (although a special mention to Gingerfox for the very organised
organisation). I had a curry and lots of beer, and I was offered a new frog
to take back home. For people who don't understand what I am on about, I
already own a pet frog called Larry. He now has a new friend called Henry,
and the two of them are getting along fine (even if the flat is a mess now
with the two of them around).

Congratulations to the reporters selected: reporting back will be highly
needed, obviously.

Music-related: I am rediscovering French pop these days. Thanks to a new
radio station I found and a new music magazine, I have heard lots of new
things recently, and I got all excited about bands and singers I didn't know
about. It's good to be excited about music, it has been a while since last
time I was amazed, amused, or surprised by a record. Recently there are at
least 3 or 4 that had some effect on me. Wooh.

On this note of hope, I shall leave you.
Elena

* I didn't hear from my Xmas angels, so there: I want to thank Kate for the
great parcel (the purse hasn't left my bag since i got it!), and I hope that
my parcel got in OK to the person who was supposed to get it.