Sinister: it's such a perfect day

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Wed Feb 12 19:21:18 GMT 2003

hi lovelies, have any of you heard the duran duran
cover of perfect day?  it really is quite amazing.
lou reed said that they performed that song the way
that he had always invisioned it.

enough of that.  how are y'all doing?  i'm okay.
sitting here somewhat trepedatiously as we are being
told to stay calm and live life as we normally
do....but expect a terroristic attack at any moment.
does anyone else find the contradiction in this?  i
dunno.  this whole terrorism thing is relatively new
to us here in america.....i don't know how people can
live in fear of things like thå† each day.  i can't
imagine growing up like that.
you know what has always struck me as...almost
funny...about the IRA?  granted, they are bastards,
and I am in no way making light of the things that
they do and have done.  it just always amazes me that
the IRA always tell people where they are going to
bomb.  at least they give people a little time to get
to someplace safe.  like in....circa '96/97 when they
bombed the mall in manchester.  they told everyone
they were doing it, then said "if you get hurt, it's
your own damn fault."  of course, it isn't the fault
of the bomb.  weird.
that always makes me the of EUREKA STREET, by Robert
McLiam Wilson.  It is set in Belfast and there is this
one particular scene that always haunted me.  There is
this girl who hasn't had many boyfriends.  She is a
little on the heavy side and has a lot of probelms
with confidence.  She meets this boy who thinks the
world of her.  He loves her how she is and, because of
this, she gets more confidence.  So she is at a shoppe
and decides to buy a skirt, shorter than she would
usually do, because she feels really sexy and
attractive.  There is this build up and the reader
gets so enchanted by this girl, you are really rooting
for her.  then she is walking home from the store and
gets killed in  a bombing.  it broke my heart when i
read that.  that was long before the WTC attacks here,
and I had never had to deal with any of that "for
real", so to speak.  it was always happening far away
from here and impossible for me to comprehend.  that
is some scary stuff tito.

onto much lighter and insignificant things.  i got
shorn yesterday!  HOORAY!!!  i have my short hair
again!  i am so happy.  it's all spikey and flippy
again.  i also have this red stuff that you can put on
the tips of your hair or whatever, and it puts these
red streaks in it...i also have blue.  tre cool.
see how cosmopolitan i am.  i am so ready for the
music industry. now i just need to become more
extroverted and stop hiding behind my computer all of
the time.  oh well.  baby steps.  :o)
i think it is an inherent traint of sinisters to be on
the shy side.  at least the ones that i have met.

anyway.  time to go and make an elephant out of
hearts.  much love to you all.  please stay safe.

love ~stine