Sinister: Lions and Tigers and ...Socceroos

trixie firecracker trixiefirecracker79 at xxx.com
Thu Feb 13 06:31:08 GMT 2003

Hello Sinister Boys and Girls,

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and alas, I am without a valentine. I do however have a ticket to see Spoon and that is maybe better than a bad date and a plastic rose. I also happen to have a spare ticket to see said band. Are there any sinisterians in Melbourne who might like to go to this show and do not yet have a ticket (Friday Feb 14 at the Corner)? I am willing to trade it for a drink or two and a haiku. You wouldn't have to stand with me or anything. It would be a straight trade. No pleasantries necessary. Let me know asap.

Here is something that is related to Belle & Sebastian, or perhaps only really related to my subconscious mind. A few nights ago I had a dream that B&S were coming to play in my town at a big park. 'Yay!' I thought, and romped on over to the location which just happened to be 'round the corner from my house. When I got there I discovered that instead of the lovely band I was expecting, the park was filled with big cats. Lions and Tigers and (not bears) Panthers and Leopards and stuff all roaming free amongst the rose bushes and grassy areas. (If anyone from Perth knows that rose garden park on Stirling Hwy in Nedlands, that's the sort of place I'm talking about).
So of course I fled, and then later I found out that while I was running and hiding and trying to be safe, I missed the show! I was so very disappointed. Stupid feline fear. I think maybe I got to converse with Stuart Murdoch though. So that part was good.

In other news, I woke up this morning at 5.10 am so that I could catch the tram and the train to a friends house so that I could eat pancakes with strawberries and blueberries and watch Australia kick England's ass at soccer 3-1. Oh yeah. So very satisfying. The Socceroos are totally underrated.
[Is it true that the Sun's headline was "Kanga Poo"?]

love sleepy-eyed Trixie.x