Sinister: throwaway luxe

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Thu Feb 13 07:19:00 GMT 2003

sin
is
ter:

oh, the things i learn late at night while on the inter-net and
listening to brave new waves on the cbc radio yo:

- new cat power album out February 18. (isn't typing/writing out all
of "february" better than typing/writing "feb". i so think so.) yes,
so yaay. new peel session up on bbcradio1 too. and she's going on
tour with backing band. but not here. b/c of the french people.
hahaha. no, b/c it's canada. and the windchill tomorrow is -40 to -50
celsius (to update). it's crazy. all of it. the snow was so blinding
in the sun the other day that tears came to my eyes and i *staggered*
a bit, wishing for one of those eye slitty things the guy in
'atanarjuat: the fast runner' wears. oh, and the fur outfit too. lots
of fur and animal hide, yeeeeeaaaah. (it's grand though when the
weather people tell you not to leave your house unless you really
must. i see no reason to disobey the Weather People.)

- Okay, calm down but don't b/c: yo la tengo is on tour in april. and
they are coming to montreal! with portastatic. i almost cried when i
heard the news. windchill be damned, b/c ylt is not touring the west
and never do. and i am in the east now. the east! er, the centre? and
april will be warm. ish.

- april will be warm! ish!

- oh oh oh! *and* new aisler's set album!!! out at the end of the
month and slightly after in the UK. i heard a song from it on the
radio tonight and it is *good*. as if there was any doubt. hurrah! i
am dancing *already*.

- other musics of goodness (to pick a few): sea and cake "one
bedroom", loose fur (do you like wilco? you should. yeah.) and if you
haven't already, give a listen to the streets. and maybe delton 3030
while you're at it. fun/good on many levels. levels themselves=good.

- ohmygod, download some david cross and pee your pants laughing.

- i am touring tonight in the "i am sorry for being a lame-ass
late-ly international hang-your-head-in-shame tour". i have been
uncommunicative and want people to know that i care about them even
if i don't email it very well. /me sends robyn-sized hugs out to
anyone i've every talked to/emailed/chatted with (even those who
broke my heart or challenged my wit. haha, no, not really. fry in
hell! haha, no, it's okay. i'm now all karmically enhanced n' stuff
(which, i'm told, is the new rawk n' roll.)). not that social 'net
interaction will start up with abundance again anytime soon - the
library is my new best friend. and the online library catalogue
fights for my affections too. *but i like it*. robots and fashion and
the inside of the body: this is why "media studies" is where it's at.
i mean, and you could do your thesis on "why the existence of this?
and how? what? etc. really, how? why? please?": www.mvm.com.

- thank you publicly to Richard John Gillanders for such a great
christmas x-change present. a hemingway-style notebook! a cd! mints!
a tiny book of big montreal architecture! all Appropriate :) And, to
follow elenita's lead, i hope my christmas present found its way
safely to its person in alabama. it was late, yes, but it contained
things i think are good. are they good?

- b-vitamin complex. not the band, the supplement. recommended during
the harsh winter months for renewed energy, superhuman metabolic
powers, and supple skin.

- point form with few actual points,
- robyn
- (perhaps more later on the wonders of american idol, cdn popstars,
why friends is still on tv, why the lawyerlady, why an hour of tv
means a few more of sanity, etcetera.)
- see what happens? see? ?!

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Montreal, QC