Sinister: if they were me and I was you / would you like a present too?

robster rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 13 17:38:04 GMT 2003

Sinistahhh!

Hannah said: "Where is Mr Brennan???? I think it is
time he posted again"

Ahh, me public.  I only seem to post these days
because of good ideas (such as Ink Polaroid day) or
I've been prompted to do so by people.  Sort of like
encores.

If I could construct a decent post, this paragraph
would be all about encores or, as I call them: "The
Bit After The Gig Where They Play The Good Songs".
B&S encores have been discussed extensively in the
archives. Look at archives! Go! See!

I've seen two B&S encores.  Happily, the first was at
the RAH when their touring equipment included a
teeny-tiny box with Monica Queen inside so they could
perform Lazy Line Painter Jane.  There was also a
Beans-led cover of Everyday People that RAWKED.  They
also RAWKED the following year with a cover of Another
Girl, Another Planet which almost made up for the
non-MQ LLPJ.

My Favourite non-B&S encore is probably Lambchop
covering This Corrosion at my local fleapit venue.
This may explain my girlfriend's assertion that I have
latent goth tendencies.  Or it could be because all my
socks are black.

Like everyone else who doesn't post anymore, I started
a blog.  It's a useful place for writing stuff that
won't go elsewhere and for cleaning up stuff that I've
already written elsewhere (such as any good bits in
this post).  It's also rarely updated and somewhat
awkward to read so I'm not linking to it.

I should probably take the time, also, to say HAPPY
BIRTHDAY HONEY!  So I will.  And so should you.  I
miss Honey.

Robster