Sinister: what's the point?

Sunny set sunnie_set at xxx.com
Fri Feb 14 15:59:28 GMT 2003

I know I have left this a bit late but I was just wondering if anyone else
will be going to the Glasgow antiwar rally tommrow? If so please get in
touch and we can try to arrange to meetup.

Stefano and Jim both gave very good reasons why they are going to the rally
in London so I don't think I will say much more.  I think instead I will
show you this. It was written by a friend and has nothing to do with antiwar
rallies or anything, but it does sort of sum up the reason I have decided to
go:

"This is why we stay alive. Think about it. It's not what we've done, it's
what we might do, it's not where we've failed, it's where we might at last
succeed, it's not the previous page in the book that holds the beauty and
the hope, but the next page. You get the picture...

Of course, like life, your decision might be influenced by what has
happened, what you have read, before. But it's the looking forward, the hope
that persists in us all.... That, indeed, keeps the flabby and extraordinary
mass of humanity alive.
Because without it, what's the point?"

so tommorow I shall be looking forward, I shall be beleiving that things can
change and I shall proove that I am alive.

Take Care

Rachel